Opinions on 2017 Kia Forte

I'm tempted to take a look at a 2017 Kia Forte with the 2.0 and 6 AT with 104,000 miles. Is this a solid engine/trans combination?

If it has a key ignition, hard pass. The insurance rates are probably sky high these days on older Kia/Hyundai vehicles.

If you can find it.
There are several companies around here that won't even write policies for them at any cost.

There's a recent software update for these.
Tell that to my parents that got their Sonata stolen a few weeks after they got the update. These lowlifes will still break your window to get into your car and try to steal it no matter if you have or haven’t done the update.

Our 2019 Forte has been a fantastic car. Engine/transmission is solid and I often get 41 mpg out of the iVT.

We have a 2018 Hyundai Elantra. It’s been okay I suppose. However, we had to replace front struts, sway bar links, and engine mounts all before 75k miles. No major powertrain issues at least. Anecdotally, my GM cars have made it much farther before having those kinds of issues. The biggest issue I have with it is the insurance rates now. It costs us double our other newer vehicles.

Stay clear of a Kia's with the keyed ignition.
Full disclosure I have a "keyed" 2020 Soul that we love but the stress of wondering if we will be the next victim isn't worth it in my opinion. Also, my insurance rates increased by almost 20% just because of the theft issues.
It's just not worth it.

Stay clear of a Kia's with the keyed ignition.
Full disclosure I have a "keyed" 2020 Soul that we love but the stress of wondering if we will be the next victim isn't worth it in my opinion. Also, my insurance rates increased by almost 20% just because of the theft issues.
It's just not worth it.
It' shameful that so many Americans have to live worrying about being the 'next victim'. In the old days when horse thieves were hung I'd bet there wasn't many horses stolen. Our soft on crime justice system needs to be totally revamped with the public (and not the criminal) in mind.

Back