Tested 79.7

Flashpoint should be >405*F
Tested 425*F

Fuel dilution in %
Should be Tested 0.5

Insolubles in %
Should be Tested 0.2

No water/Antifreeze

Blackstone comments: No problems showed up in the initial sample from this generator. All wear read at or below averages for this type of engine, which is a very good indication of normal wearing parts. Universal averages show normal wear after 75-100 hours use on the oil. Insolubles *oil oxidation due to heat, use, and blow-by} were low, showing excellent oil filtration. No fuel or anti-freeze was found. Silicon was normal, so your air filtration is fine and the TBN was strong at 8.7, showing plenty of active additive left. 1.0 is low. At 324 total hours, this engine looks great.

This genset was operated in cold and wet conditions in early spring, and was also used most of the time in Southern California at Glamis in a dust storm/high heat for two weeks. I think the oil held up fine for the conditions. I've used up the last of the Onan oil, GC 0w30 is in it now. Haven't completly decided what oil I'll use next. I may continue with the GC if it turns out these kinds of numbers.

These are great numbers after 100 hours of use. I'm sure the GC will give you good performance, but I think with these numbers I would have bought some more Onan oil.

Thanks for posting this. You don't see to many report or discussions on Onan engines. Nice unit.

Primus - Onan is a division of Cummins and is sold world wide. However, most of their products are commercial in nature outside of the US. What does Onan sound similar to where you are from (or should I ask
shocked.gif
}?

Johnny - I was thinking of using the Onan oil. I was on vacation when I changed the oil and their wasn't a Cummins dealer near. When the local Cummins dealer is not on strike I may buy more. I'll run an OCI or two with GC and see how it does.

I suppose I should read the dictionary more eh? Well, I learned my new thing for today.

On a side note, I'm sure glad I used the extra slippery synthetic oil now
grin.gif
don't want any -
128.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back