On backup power due to storm

UncleDave

$100 Site Donor 2024
Whole house genset is going to be busy a while.

PG&E: Crew onsite equipment issue Expect restored Feb08@10:00pm More info when avail Or reply STATUS. Stop outage alerts, reply STOP

Ridiculous windstorms last night in Nor Cal.
Hearing a lot of "worst I've ever seen" from the locals.

RV cover torn
Boat tarp and cover ripped.
Grill cover - nowhere to be seen.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dave, count your blessings. My niece's $1M condo by the Capitola Village. Everyone's OK.

IMG_20240205_075926.jpg

1707166010231.jpg

awww man. Hope everyone's alright.

It's unbelievable the oak grove behind my house is upright.

Mine had about 6hrs of runtime yesterday.

Heck, my control center was on generator power for about 4-5hrs yesterday as well.

awww man. Hope everyone's alright.

It's unbelievable the oak grove behind my house is upright.
Wendy is one tough cookie. After her husband (my nephew) died unexpectedly, she is raising 2 sets of twin girls on her own. The girls are such a bright spot in my life. I have learned so much from them. Dumb ol' uncle jeffy is 100% in her corner.

Whole house genset is going to be busy a while.

PG&E: Crew onsite equipment issue Expect restored Feb08@10:00pm More info when avail Or reply STATUS. Stop outage alerts, reply STOP

Ridiculous windstorms last night in Nor Cal.
Hearing a lot of "worst Iv ever seen" from the locals.

RV cover torn
Boat tarp and cover ripped.
Grill cover - nowhere to be seen.
PG&E gets a lot of crap from people, some deserved & some not. What I will say is that they have the best line crews in North America. The troublemen & line crews at PG&E are quite literally some of the best tradesmen I've come across in over 20yrs of utility work & they constantly win the lineman rodeo (utility challenges).

The noise alone. Was she home?
Wendy was downstairs (big window); she was about to go upstairs to get ready to go out but "was being lazy". Her daughter Luci saw the tree fall through the window. Her twin Lilli was not at home.

Fire dept, Red Cross and her insurance have stepped up so far. It will take time, but she is a survivor extraordinaire. She will can stat with us or our nearby condo if necessary.

It was loud, but "it happened so fast".

Wendy was downstairs (big window); she was about to go upstairs to get ready to go out but "was being lazy". Her daughter Luci saw the tree fall through the window. Her twin Lilli was not at home.

Fire dept, Red Cross and her insurance have stepped up so far. It will take time, but she is a survivor extraordinaire. She will can stat with us or our nearby condo if necessary.

It was loud, but "it happened so fast".
Good to know.

Kinda odd, but yeah it's funny how us humans are. Sound is simply not relevant when our "activity juices" (flight/fright) are elevated. My apologies, I was just thinking of the massive energy involved.

Good to know.

Kinda odd, but yeah it's funny how us humans are. Sound is simply not relevant when our "activity juices" (flight/fright) are elevated. My apologies, I was just thinking of the massive energy involved.
No one was hurt. 4 or 5 families are out of their homes; obviously the building cannot be used. There is a lot of this around here, but we are California strong. We help each other.

Last edited:
PG&E gets a lot of crap from people, some deserved & some not. What I will say is that they have the best line crews in North America. The troublemen & line crews at PG&E are quite literally some of the best tradesmen I've come across in over 20yrs of utility work & they constantly win the lineman rodeo (utility challenges).

I've never had field trouble with PG&E. The guys on the ground are top flight.

All my issues from them stem from the offices.

Glad everyone is ok. I took the big tree near the house out. It dropped limbs big enough to kill in high winds. Power still on here in Redding, (not PG&E).

Back