Oldest K&N on the board

Status
Not open for further replies.
1991 VW Jetta turbodiesel. Bought new..installed K&N at 10,000km service. Car, and filter now have 670,000km on them and still going strong.

My "new" 2003 Corolla S has had a K&N since new, and now has 180,000km on it.

My son's 1995 VW Jetta turbodiesel has had a K&N since new and now has 480,000km on both.

quote:

Originally posted by liquidballbearing:
My '92 GMC Sonoma has had three air filters in it's lifetime---the original AC, a replacement AC in '93, and a K&N installed in '94. The truck has almost 120,000 miles on it now and runs like new except for a little pinging when going up hills and accelerating quickly. I clean it about every other year and the filter still looks new---no problems at all with the K&N.

A little off subject, but if your Sonoma has the 2.5 4 cyl. engine it will go at least another 120K miles. One of the best engines ever made. My 1988 S-10 started to ping and I switched to 93 octane and that took care of the problem as long as I owned it.
cheers.gif

I have had one on a 4Runner since 1992! My Dad made me a Filter Charger from scratch and we bought the Cone Style filter at a Parts Store!

I bought mine somewhere in 99 when I installed my dual oil filters on my wife's TJ. The airbox is out ..so I'm kinda commited to the K&N. Never had any trouble with Na or anything AF related in the UOAs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back