Old Triumph 750 Bonneville

Status
Not open for further replies.
MY triumph (1970) was sitting in my father in laws garage for 30 years when i got to it. I went through everything, brakes, carbs electrical, tires, lighting and controls and now i take it almost daily in the summer. Great bike and easy to work on. When i first got it i made sure it had compression and got it to "run" before tearing into it. After some short changes (oil was milky from water) and changing all the fluids a few times it runs great, now i just need to work on the cosmetics.

Originally Posted By: Silverado12
OK. Thanks for the replies. I'm going to pick it up tomorrow at 11:00 Eastern time.

Let us know how it goes ...
smile.gif

Update: Bike is running now. All that was wrong was the points needed cleaning. We changed the oil, cleaned the oil filter screens, changed spark plugs (Champion N3), new battery, ran some fresh gas through the tank and it started after about 10 kicks. Ran a little choppy at idle for the first 5 minutes. We let it cool and restarted a few times (didn't want to run it too hot) and after that we put it away for the night. In the morning, I primed the carbs and it started first kick; couldn't believe it. I ran it through all 5 gears and it did well except that the clutch cable is hard to pull. It's soaking in PB Blaster now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back