Oil in movies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey just wondering if ya'll know of any movies that have oil-related scenes.

The only one I can think of is when Tommy Boy said he put 10w40 in the car.

Also, not oil-related but in KingPin when Big Ernie McCracken poured sugar into the guy's gas tank.

Originally Posted By: mjoekingz28
Hey just wondering if ya'll know of any movies that have oil-related scenes.

The only one I can think of is when Tommy Boy said he put 10w40 in the car.

Also, not oil-related but in KingPin when Big Ernie McCracken poured sugar into the guy's gas tank.

Not in the movies, but in an episode of CSI, they determined which motorcycle was used in a crime based on oil leaked at the scene and UOA on the suspect bikes.

Originally Posted By: javacontour

Not in the movies, but in an episode of CSI, they determined which motorcycle was used in a crime based on oil leaked at the scene and UOA on the suspect bikes.

They reused that premise by delcaring AGIP was only installed in some sort of Ferarri. (and not, say, purchased over the counter.
smirk2.gif
)

One of the F&F franchises they stuffed a bulk oil nozzle full of "40 weight" (just the thing for Hondas
smirk2.gif
) down some guy's throat and started pumping.

And of course, the start of "Mad Max 2" mentions the end of oil.

"the Rookie" mentions W Texas oil pumps and the Santa Rita #1 oil well.

Of course there is always "the Hellfighters", about fighting oil well fires for all these young greenhorns that don't know about such things. (PS. I once met Red Adair IRL).

The Jerk with Steve Martin when the sniper is shooting at him but hitting the stacked oil cans in front of the gas station. The cans are E-Z brand oil.

Originally Posted By: EagleFTE
The Jerk with Steve Martin when the sniper is shooting at him but hitting the stacked oil cans in front of the gas station. The cans are E-Z brand oil.

Yea. He said something like "These cans are defective!"

It isn't a movie but in CSI NY they traced oil they found, back to the only cab company who used the oil which was G Oil.

I just saw an episode of CSI Las Vegas the other day and they traced oil drops to a specific oil a Lamborghini uses. lol

TV again, on last night's "Trauma." A Vietnam vet who took a medical helicopter for a joyride asked the pilot (by radio) if she used a "cst 9 transmission oil," because the copter was using some oil. I have no idea whether that's accurate to helicopters, but it would have made no sense to me if not for BITOG.

In GI Joe in the GI Joe base when the enemies attack you can see bottles of gear oil and 55 gal drums of Royal Purple

Originally Posted By: Kruse
Originally Posted By: EagleFTE

Yea. He said something like "These cans are defective!"

"He hates these cans!!!"

In "The Quantum of Solace" James Bond leaves his evil nemesis in the middle of a desert with nothing but a quart of oil.

The man was later found dead with a belly full of 5w-30. The UOA confirmed that it had sheared to a 20wt mind you, as they do in extreme temperatures like the desert in summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back