Oil Filtration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ever wonder why you are sold a filter that doesn't clean oil then told to come back for an oil change. It works a lot better if the FILTER gets DIRTY instead of the OIL. Clean oil lasts a lot longer and will greatly extend engine life.
It's not complicated and never has been.

Ralph

I think Ralph wants to make some bypass filter converts.
smile.gif

quote:

Originally posted by RalphPWood:
Ever wonder why you are sold a filter that doesn't clean oil then told to come back for an oil change. It works a lot better if the FILTER gets DIRTY instead of the OIL. Clean oil lasts a lot longer and will greatly extend engine life.
It's not complicated and never has been.

Ralph

Did you ever consider that we are a through away socieity??? That is why its the 21 century and we are still building with wood
shocked.gif

Maybe it is easier just to stop by the closest quick lube and have them do it than to remember to change a simple filter!!

After all it is pretty complicated to remember to change that roll of TP. Hell half the I sit down on the pot only to see an empty piece of card board!! Luckily I always have a book on hand
lol.gif

My theory is that there are 2 types of contaminants and that filters can only reasonably address one of the two.

The particulate contaminants down to a certain size can be 'filtered' by the media. But chemicals, some combustion by-products and such can become part of the oil 'liquid' in suspension and 'flow' just like oil and are thus immune to filtering.

Just my opinion - I could be wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back