Oil filter wrench - easily one of the best purchases I've ever made

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the HF version. Works great until you get to a filter that has been tightened by some man ape.

I also have a couple cap tools from previous vehicles I've owned. If nothing else works, good ol screw driver does the trick.

Walmart should give you one when they change your oil cause you know your gonna need more than a strong forearm.

Originally Posted by cwilliamsws6
Changed the CR-V's oil a few days ago but before I did I bought the Hyper Tough 1/4" drive adjustable oil filter wrench from walmart for $2.50 (link at bottom of post).

I recall the last two oil changes I've done on this car I could NOT get the filter off and I probably came close to blowing a vein in my neck trying to twist the thing off before finally resorting to stabbing it with a screwdriver. Which is surprising considering I put the thing on in the first place and admittedly I am not that strong at all.

Anyways, I tightened the clamps of the wrench onto the filter, and with the leverage from having the handle on my ratchet I effortlessly took the filter off! What usually took me easily 10+ minutes took maybe 7 seconds tops.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Hyper-Tough-Adjustable-Oil-Filter-Wrench/797333184

I agree. It's the best one I've tried.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back