Oil filter disposal: what do you do?

Good Morning BITOGERS. I take my old oil filters to my work and use our OTC brand filter crusher. Safety Kleen pays us whatever by weight for all old oil, trans, etc filters. My stepdad, brother throw them into trash🤬🤬🤬🙈

Any of you folks crush them or do you take them to a recycling facility? Back home my real dad burns them out when clearing brush, trees etc. great fire starters

Good Morning BITOGERS. I take my old oil filters to my work and use our OTC brand filter crusher. Safety Kleen pays us whatever by weight for all old oil, trans, etc filters. My stepdad, brother throw them into trash🤬🤬🤬🙈

Any of you folks crush them or do you take them to a recycling facility? Back home my real dad burns them out when clearing brush, trees etc. great fire starters
Take them into O'Really's with the used oil they recycle them.

let them drain for a month or 2 then throw in trash.

I also dump my antifreeze in the toilet.

My question what do you do with your batteries.. AA AAA etc.. much worse problem.

No one will take the filters near me... and no one recycles them.. same for coolant.

My question what do you do with your batteries.. AA AAA etc.. much worse problem.

No one will take the filters near me... and no one recycles them.. same for coolant.
I dually put old batteries you mention in recycle bin

I dually put old batteries you mention in recycle bin
Here since they arent recyclable that is like pooping in the swimming pool. If I threw them in the recycle bin.

I do try to use rechargable ni-mh for the most part but some devices arent happy on 1.2volts vs 1.5 or others such as tv remote.

The only filters that I have to deal with myself come from my mower . That equals one a year . After it drains thoroughly I fill it up with Oil-Dri and put it in the trash can .

Drain it, wrap it in a plastic grocery bag, and put it in the trash.
That's the only game in town around here. No provisions or options for recycling them in my area.

I have to admit I throw them in the trash. No place around here takes them to my knowledge. At the Toyota dealership we throw them away. The rest of our dealerships has a recycling thing that comes and picks them up. Just Toyota is across the street and doesn’t have access to a fork lift so they tell us to throw them away.

Home Depot takes batteries and I think a " Batteries Plus " store
Walmart took 5 filters I dropped off there

Back