Oil dipstick on my dirty engine Hemi charger after 500 miles of Valvoline Restore and Protect

As always, the oil won't protect well if the particulate size exceeds the film thickness. I'd consider something other than uber thin oil for such a dirty engine.
It's particles that are 20u and smaller that can get in to the film thickness between moving parts that cause wear - most wear studies show that. If they can't get between moving parts, then they can't cause harm.

I'm sure that the Valvoline is doing its job, but I would be willing to bet that any oil you put in it would look like that at 500 miles given this statement. :oops:
I am anxiously awaiting the filter dissection. ;) 🍻
That's my experience, when I had neglected cars come in for oil changes, the fresh oil would look pretty dark just after I ran it for 20 seconds to check for leaks and then recheck level. All the crud in there will dirty up fresh oil pretty fast (at least visually).

Good thread, Keep us updated with the progress.

The oil certainly is doing some cleaning but Its peobably got some life left. The the hard use and abuse this car has seen, its impressive to seeing you keeping it going op.

I'd love to give it a try in something. At the moment I have nothing that would benefit from it, but I have a feeling it might very well be a good product for an engine in need of some cleaning.

True but some on here get hpl for the purpose of cleaning instead of wanting to do longer intervals.

I'm in the same boat, I haven't seen an oil clean so well and aggressively as HPL oils. Coming from a guy who grew up seeing 3-5K drain intervals stuck to me from family mechanics and seeing engine tear downs at a young age. Integrity is is fairly rare in the motor oil market and I'm happy to see there is a solution for those that want to keep their cars longer. I'll be gauging the robustness their oils on extended drains for the first time in my driving even though its been verified many times here their oils hold up incredibly well beyond 10k. I'm so excited to try it that I may end up draining my old oil at 4800 miles currently tomorrow.

Anyways I think Valvoline makes great products, their high mileage full synthetic has been the defacto synthetic oil I have been running since my vehicle has gone out of warranty from the bulk dealership oils and has held up well in standard 5K drains on my Toyota. The current oil with HPL EC with filters inspected throughout the oil life has shown the engine is already running clean.

Good thread, Keep us updated with the progress.

The oil certainly is doing some cleaning but Its peobably got some life left. The the hard use and abuse this car has seen, its impressive to seeing you keeping it going op.
Doing some cleaning based on what? Color? Excessive heat can change the color of an oil without doing any cleaning.

O rlly? Very first labeled paragraph.

You been on this thread and the other thread knocking Valvoline Restore & Protect based on absolutely no evidence and talking so highly of HPL bringing it into a thread that had absolutely nothing to do with HPL.

So let's not play dumb here.

You been on this thread and the other thread knocking Valvoline Restore & Protect based on absolutely no evidence and talking so highly of HPL bringing it into a thread that had absolutely nothing to do with HPL.

In his defense he hasn't said a single word on this thread about HPL has he? In fact you're the one who brought it up! There's no reason to make things personal and create hostility

In his defense he hasn't said a single word on this thread about HPL has he? In fact you're the one who brought it up! There's no reason to make things personal and create hostility
I did not say he mentioned HPL on this thread specifically, this is why I mentioned the other thread.

I am not being hostile I am stating how it is and if people cannot see that oh well, there is absolutely nothing wrong with being a fan of a product, me personally I am a Quaker state fanboy, but all I have seen this past week from multiple people is nonsense and hate towards Valvoline all because of it being owned by a Saudi company despite it still being made and formulated in the USA supporting American workers.

And by the way this hate is coming from people who praised Valvoline a very short time ago., interesting how everyone switches up so quick when the product itself is still good.

Hey now. I play dumb all of the time. It helps me collect alms on the corner down by the bus station.

I gotta go look at my oil filter. Brb.

Hmm. From another thread… is this “knocking” VRP?
SubieRubyRoo said:
In actuality I certainly hope the VRP is a good oil and does what it claims; and if that’s the case I certainly hope people buy it. Otherwise, just like M1 AP, it will quickly disappear, and that doesn’t help consumers.

Back