Oil boiler dilemma

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by oilpsi2high
When they send the guy out, how do I know they aren't putting bigger nozzles in or tuning the furnace to use more oil?

Intentionally making the burn "fuel rich" by cutting down the air into the burner chamber is smoky, causes more CO, is plain illegal.

Originally Posted by Linctex
Originally Posted by oilpsi2high
When they send the guy out, how do I know they aren't putting bigger nozzles in or tuning the furnace to use more oil?

Intentionally making the burn "fuel rich" by cutting down the air into the burner chamber is smoky, causes more CO, is plain illegal.

So is swiping a radiator hose with a razor and charging for service that isn't done...doesn't mean it does not happen!

There is difference of opinion of nozzles and reasoning. Who's right who knows. It could have simply failed or wrong part was applied.

Why not just take all your info and call the manufacturer. Just ask them what's allowable. I'm betting the local plumbing supply can tell ou as well. I'm betting that it may well not matter at all. It's very likely there is a certain range of allowable sizes and degrees of spray.

Originally Posted by Driz
Why not just take all your info and call the manufacturer. Just ask them what's allowable. I'm betting the local plumbing supply can tell ou as well. I'm betting that it may well not matter at all. It's very likely there is a certain range of allowable sizes and degrees of spray.

The guide published by Reillo for this model of a Buderus boiler starts at 70 degrees (for my size boiler) to a 60 degree for the larger size of this model boiler. No 80 degree nozzle.

There is never a range in degree of the spray nozzle. You can certainly move up or down a little in GPH.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back