Oil Analyzers wants me "retrained"

I thought this was funny. Last sample I sent was for manual transmission fluid in my Civic. I had a lot of notes to provide for added info (such as tranny rebuild info). I ran out of room in the "Notes to Analyst" section (because they don't allow hardly any characters before it stops accepting more) and could not condense my notes anymore than I already had, so I picked the only empty notes field to add my additional notes. This happened to be the "Additional Testing Requests" field.

I got an email from them that included a forwarded note from someone else in the lab. It appeared to be a ticket system they use to correct their customers' mistakes. The note said:
"Customer wrote “Virgin TAN is known to be 3.1 from previous analysis with other lab” in the add on test field. Please retrain."

I guess I am now "retrained"! Am I a rat in a maze that failed to follow the food crumbs? LOL.

This is probably my least favorite aspect of Oil Analyzers. This is not the first time they have scolded me for doing something incorrectly in the report process. Now I see that internally, they call it customer retraining.

If their report data wasn't so good, I'd not be using them. You just can't expect to scold your customers and be successful long-term.

This is probably my least favorite aspect of Oil Analyzers. This is not the first time they have scolded me for doing something incorrectly in the report process. Now I see that internally, they call it customer retraining.

If their report data wasn't so good, I'd not be using them. You just can't expect to scold your customers and be successful long-term.
Good Afternoon Himemsys,

You are spot on in your comment about Oil Analyzers and should be insulted with that response you received. I suspect the root cause of their behavior is a total lack of training in customer service as well as basic training of who the customer is. Also they should never share internal communication documents with the customer because of what happened to you and for liability reasons. Very sloppy.

Whomever leadership is at this company, they have much work to do in establishing the correct culture and processes for serving the end customer.

Engineer types can read specifications, drawings, and all kind of information but they cannot read people for crap. Very common. You cannot let them run amuck on customers
Good Morning ATex7239,
Engineers like all other roles in a company are made up of people that can learn. Awareness is 50% of the solution to making improvements and holds true with human behavior but it must start with leadership with a commitment to excellence.

Speaking of retraining....I guess I haven't been trained to begin with.

It's been 2 weeks since I dropped a pre-paid mailer oil sample into USPS at their local office. A day ago, I got a notice to register to activate my account. I did this. Thinking my report was ready, I poked around in their android app as well as their website. I couldn't find my sample. Any guidance for a newbie would be helpful.

Back