ohhhh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by rooflessVW
I love the monthly "bash the kids" threads.

You old codgers can slam a whole generation, but I can't say that someone who open carries is a red flag. Got it.

You'd call me an old codger and I think the "bash the kids" threads are dumb and point the finger in the wrong direction. As I pointed out it's nothing new, happens with every generation. I'll bet there's never been a generation who said man these young people today are so much better that us at that age we should be proud... just not human nature.

Don't get your open carry = red flag thinking. A guy OCing is not going to rob the convenience store or go into a school and start shooting. People who are nervous when they see a gun make me nervous.

Originally Posted by AZjeff
Don't get your open carry = red flag thinking. A guy OCing is not going to rob the convenience store or go into a school and start shooting. People who are nervous when they see a gun make me nervous.

It must be my local area. 90% of the OC guys I see around here fit a stereotype: they want to project "tough guy" but are clearly far from it. Wish someone would start shooting so they could save the day. You know the type.

Originally Posted by rooflessVW
It must be my local area. 90% of the OC guys I see around here fit a stereotype: they want to project "tough guy" but are clearly far from it. Wish someone would start shooting so they could save the day. You know the type.

You read a lot into looks.... Then turn around and complain about people who criticize others actions. Whatever floats your boat, boomer.

Yeah, it's fun to laugh at peoples shortcomings....and people may have laughed at me. I have a form of dyslexia called dyscalculia - I have great difficulty in understanding number calculations. I gave up cash many years ago, but all my life change would be counted out into my hand, and I had (have) no idea what is happening....it's been explained to me many times, but I still don't know what they are doing. Like dyslexics, you go through life thinking you are stupid, avoiding anything to show up your lack of understanding...and like dyslexics, learning tricks to get by.

Learning the times table by rote when young has been a help, and like dyslexics I picture think, using (2) dice in my head to add things together - basically counting on my fingers, which I still do too. I do enjoy working things out...I still calculate my motorcycle exhaust system diameter and length. One of my daughters has it, and she works in a shop, she was homeschooled. Her daughter has it, and is now homeschooled too - the schools method to ''cure'' her was to make her just do more maths until she understood. No, that does NOT work.

Everyone has their strengths and weaknesses - strengths are easy to work on, weaknesses are a much more difficult thing to face up to.

Silk, interesting insight, thanks for sharing. Searched it, estimated 3 - 6 % of the population have symptoms of dyscalculia. Never heard of it.

I have problems with large groups of numbers like spreadsheets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back