Oh she'll need some paint after this one.

Got the final bill, $7,717.91. It didn't total! I got a chance to look at it completely torn down and it was all cosmetic aside from the washer fluid container. My steam situation was the washer fluid container emptying onto the radiator at a slow rate. I should have it back in a couple of weeks.

I have a friend who crashed an Acura and had it towed to the dealer. After assurances that their body shop was so good no one would ever know it’d been crashed, he said, “Good, I’d like to trade it in”.
As soon as the insurance company cut him his check he did indeed trade it in for a new Acura, with the crashed one still in the dealer body shop.

I have a friend who crashed an Acura and had it towed to the dealer. After assurances that their body shop was so good no one would ever know it’d been crashed, he said, “Good, I’d like to trade it in”.
As soon as the insurance company cut him his check he did indeed trade it in for a new Acura, with the crashed one still in the dealer body shop.
I wouldn’t have thought that possible, but if it’s all within the dealer I could see how that could work. Mine’s not at the dealer though, it’s at a body shop that is within a Lincoln dealer.

We’re back in it fellas!

IMG-0366.jpg

Oh yeah. I’ve had near misses for nearly 5 years. Never even made contact with one in my nearly 20 years driving before that. Last one was a light scratch as I barely tapped one with my F150. This is my first direct hit.

What the heck is it with this year and the deer?

My wife and I have been driving for 35yrs and have had plenty of near misses and very light hits over the years, but this year was something else. She hit one with our 2019 Pathfinder in October, which did just shy of $9K in damage. In December, I hit one with my 2022 Nissan Frontier and did a bunch of plastic damage to the front end and broke a headlamp loose. I'm driving it as-is because don't want to file another comprehensive claim so close. Then a few weeks ago, my 22yr/old hit one with her 2016 Malibu and smashed the bumper, grille and all the bits and pieces that go along with that.

What the heck is it with this year and the deer?

My wife and I have been driving for 35yrs and have had plenty of near misses and very light hits over the years, but this year was something else. She hit one with our 2019 Pathfinder in October, which did just shy of $9K in damage. In December, I hit one with my 2022 Nissan Frontier and did a bunch of plastic damage to the front end and broke a headlamp loose. I'm driving it as-is because don't want to file another comprehensive claim so close. Then a few weeks ago, my 22yr/old hit one with her 2016 Malibu and smashed the bumper, grille and all the bits and pieces that go along with that.
There's been a lot. I almost hit a deer in the loaner 2 nights ago. 2 miles later I caught up with a Toyota Sienna as it hit a deer and pulled off. The carcass landed in the middle of the lane and I almost ran over it as the lights on the Fusion I was driving are quite lacking on low beam.

One of my buddies hit one 2 days before I hit one in his 2013 F150. The truck got away with minor scratches. Seems like the warmer temperatures have them moving around a lot more than normal for the time of year.

Back