OG Fram Titanium FS3675 C&P

BrendanC

$100 site donor 2024
Ordered this filter from AAP online the other day and it showed up very rusty so i decided to cut it open with my new filter cutter.

Attachments

• IMG_5203.jpeg
    IMG_5203.jpeg
    229 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_5204.jpeg
    IMG_5204.jpeg
    181.9 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_5205.jpeg
    IMG_5205.jpeg
    188.3 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_5206.jpeg
    IMG_5206.jpeg
    210.2 KB · Views: 86
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    240.7 KB · Views: 88
aren’t many left around here i’ve bought just about all of them up and it was a two filters in a order with a discount code and $20 off using speed perks. came out to a little more than $2 a filter.

Why would you cut it open and not return it for another one?????
plus they would just put it back in the shelf and someone else would end up buying it and either running it or returning it so may aswell check one out first hand.

plus they would just put it back in the shelf and someone else would end up buying it and either running it or returning it so may aswell check one out first hand.
you know that for a fact??? I would think that most people would return it for another one and move on....not cut it open to post the picture....IMO

Looks like a two year old filter? Metal rusts unfortunately & I'd assume they put on some sort of oil coating better.

Reactions: hrv
sorry for sharing a photo, i’ll just cut it open and see it for myself next time(y)(y)
Sorry, didn’t mean to sound judgemental. You’re right, it’s your $ so you can do as you wish. Next time I’ll send u my cash app tho ;).

Thanks for sharing

There are some Fram apologists & hate nothing more than to see any "Defects" in their favorite label.
i can see that now. i have like 16 or 17 in my collection and this is the first i’ve seen in bad condition. i get them all for like 2.50 a filter so i figured id cut open and see for myself what the media looks like on an OG ultra media filter.

sorry for sharing a photo, i’ll just cut it open and see it for myself next time(y)(y)
no need to be sorry its your choice...How old was the filter and when did you actually purchase it...does it have a man date on the can???

no need to be sorry its your choice...How old was the filter and when did you actually purchase it...does it have a man date on the can???
if you’d have actually checked the photos out before bombarding me with the wasting of my own money, you’d see it ;)

Send photos to Fram and see what they say. Maybe that one didn't get a good dose of anti-corrosion coating.

Reactions: hrv
A shame about the rust on what looks to be a Titanium with OG XG media. While I suppose the manufacturing process could be factor, 'I' also suspect a poor storage environment a factor in the rust. Especially so, on a less than two-year-old filter.

Thanks for c&p.

Back