OCI Maxlife 5w30 Syn Blend

I am curious what would make you wonder about the oil holding up ?
Always came from full syn oils just making sure.

Another note - I always change oil and filter at seasons end and the car sits in garage (attached to house and doesn’t ever get below freezing) from Nov - April then I drive it for the summer and repeat. No issues here? I like having fresh oil in it while it sits over winter and have it ready to go come spring.

2002 trans am LS1 / 6 speed

226,172 KM (140,000 MI)

99% highway miles

Started Using red bottle 5w30 syn blend Maxlife and Napagold filter

Usually do around 5-6000 KM a year (3100-3700 MI)

Would I be safe to use this OCI?

2002 trans am LS1 / 6 speed

226,172 KM (140,000 MI)

99% highway miles

Started Using red bottle 5w30 syn blend Maxlife and Napagold filter

Usually do around 5-6000 KM a year (3100-3700 MI)

Would I be safe to use this OCI?

Between 3 and 4 thousand a year. Once a year with that oil is perfect!

Always came from full syn oils just making sure.

Another note - I always change oil and filter at seasons end and the car sits in garage (attached to house and doesn’t ever get below freezing) from Nov - April then I drive it for the summer and repeat. No issues here? I like having fresh oil in it while it sits over winter and have it ready to go come spring.
You are perfectly fine with how you are doing it. You could go longer between changes without any problem, too. 5 or 6k kilometers of highway driving is on the short side for oil change intervals.

Reactions: wlk
I personally think you went backwards on oil quality. That motor should be on a full synthetic like you were using and is recommend for. If you want to try HM oils then should have went to the Mobil 1 HM or similar (maxlife comes in full syn also) instead of a semi syn. With that being said 5-6k is fine for that oil.

I personally think you went backwards on oil quality. That motor should be on a full synthetic like you were using and is recommend for. If you want to try HM oils then should have went to the Mobil 1 HM or similar (maxlife comes in full syn also) instead of a semi syn. With that being said 5-6k is fine for that oil.
I might have - but the factory wasn’t SYN unless it was Vette. I wanna see how the semi version does (harder to find in Canada in different flavours) - if it seems good or improvement I’ll switch to full syn.

I think the old school LS will be happy with a blend

Attachments

• IMG_9445.jpeg
    IMG_9445.jpeg
    164.1 KB · Views: 12
Back