Obsolete purolator disecting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by mpack88
Stopped up filter is my assumption. Could've been defective. Sense I was having oil pressure fluctuations I changed the filter and al km problems stopped. So it had to be something about that classic filter. As far as.my oil change intervals go, in the 5 years I owned it, I've changed it every year mostly with Castrol GTX 10w40. It was only when in switched to Amazon 5w40 euro that I experienced these problems. Coolant wasn't as issue. In fact the radiator is a 4 core installed by me last year with new hoses, clutch and new coolant. Something was wrong with that purolator classic.

As is almost always the case here on Bitog, you have no real evidence that there was any correlation to the oil. In fact by your own statement it was more likely the filter, yet you make the definitive statement that it was the oil in earlier posts.

Just how chemically different do you think the Amazon oil is compared to the Castrol oil?? Hint, it isn't.

I know since that truck has been in my family it's never had synthetic let alone a euro blend. People on bitog say it will dislodge dirt/varnish and sludge. Could've just been a defective filter. Couldve been the oil. Who knows? That filter was cut open and was some dirt in it. To my eyes looked normal. I don't have the pictures because my old phone did a factory reset so those pics are lost. What do yall think it was? Filter is probably sitting in a landfill by now or recycled. Good news truck survived. I'm sure there might be scarring on the crank journals. Time will tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back