NuFinsh Cling Spray Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay BITOG nufinsh fanboys you punked me good. Whoever likes this stuff keep using it! This stuff is horrid. Sure it goes on easy but that's about it for positive. Do you guys use power tools to get this stuff off? It streaks and is terrible to get off. Amazon members give a more accurate review of the product. I won't dare get this near my wifes black car. Been waxing cars for 15 years now and this may be the worst. There is no reason in this day and age to put the amount of effort needed for this product into waxing with other products on market that require FAR less time and effort for better results.

Looks like somebody fell for the kool aid, never!
31.gif

Originally Posted By: 2Fast4U
Okay BITOG nufinsh fanboys you punked me good. Whoever likes this stuff keep using it! This stuff is horrid. Sure it goes on easy but that's about it for positive. Do you guys use power tools to get this stuff off? It streaks and is terrible to get off. Amazon members give a more accurate review of the product. I won't dare get this near my wifes black car. Been waxing cars for 15 years now and this may be the worst. There is no reason in this day and age to put the amount of effort needed for this product into waxing with other products on market that require FAR less time and effort for better results.

I THINK YOUR USING TO MUCH PRODUCT......AND LEAVING IT ON TO LONG' IT MUST BE APPLIED LIGHTLY....ONE SECTION AT A TIME....AND THEN IT BUFFS OFF EASILY.

I've been using NuFinish for over 20 years on my vehicles.....and have been completely satisfied with the results. One bottle is good for at least six vehicles...and it lasts at least 6 to 9 months per application.

I tried everything. Applying light , heavy, reapply on top of same area after removal. I tried using different cloth for removal I tried dry and damp cloth. It was about the worst wax experience I've ever had. I thought about rewashing the car to get the horrible streaking out but instead stayed at it and spent 4 hours or more on it. I'm going to give the remainder of the bottle to my brother in law that I'm not fond of.

Originally Posted By: Malo83
Looks like somebody fell for the kool aid, never!
31.gif

I'll just stick with the regular wax there...

Wouldnt consider myself big on Nu Finish, although Ive used cling a few times. #1 thing I realized... do not apply in direct sunlight or on a car thats warm to the touch. I made that mistake and yes its ridiculous to remove after that and doesnt look good.. I did use it in the shade and it worked fine. however.. after having tried many different detailers, im not very pleased with many if any at all. I wax my ride often and when it gets dirty a quick wash makes it look great again. Decided to invest into washing and waxing regularly and forgoing the spray detailers...

Last edited:
Spray Detailers are fine for use in between washes. Cling is ok but not the greatest example I have found. It does the trick although it requires a little more effort.

These aren't spray waxes or sealants and are only designed to remove light dirt etc.

I have not tried the N-F Cling but, have tried the Eagle One Gel Wax(E1GW) and I beleive it is similar. I have writen several reviews on the E1GW.

One needs to follow the directions or it is very hard but not impossible to remove. The product seems to load up the micro fiber towel quickly causing me to use another towel to remove the product. So, very thin coats is required and no need to let the product dry.

Use in the shade and apply only on a cool serface, one small spot at a time while removing quickly(Wax on/Wax off!) I have noticed that the paint was very nice and very smooth.

I do like the shine that the E1GW produces and am considering the CLING if I can get one bottle on sale(just to try it). But, what I am finding with the E1GW is that my arms are tired after using the stuff. So using the E1GW often is not in the cards. I don't mind my arms being tired as I do work out(mostly cardio) anyway but, this extra work is what I am trying to aviod when cleaning my vehicles. I want to spend less time cleaning/waxing, not more time!

Last edited:
I did not apply the cling incorrectly. I did it in my garage temp out was probably 70 and the car was not hot. There is no excuse for how poor of a product cling actually is.

....and char. You are waiting for cling to go on sale?!? Lol it is $7. Are you kidding me.

I did not update this thread but about 4 days after xmas I got duragloss 111 and rewaxed the entire car/ right over the cling. I could not be happier with the duragloss. Easy on easy off and car has a fantastic wet shine unlike ever before.

I did not apply the cling incorrectly. I did it in my garage temp out was probably 70 and the car was not hot. There is no excuse for how poor of a product cling actually is.

....and char. You are waiting for cling to go on sale?!? Lol it is $7. Are you kidding me.

I did not update this thread but about 4 days after xmas I got duragloss 111 and rewaxed the entire car/ right over the cling. I could not be happier with the duragloss. Easy on easy off and car has a fantastic wet shine unlike ever before.

LOL! I really didn't know how much the CLING was. Thanks for that
smile.gif
I really had to laugh! I was thinking it was more money.

I have used NuFinish Cling as well and found it to be a very difficult to remove and left smearing that needed a few passes to buff out. That being said it seems to be a long lasting product FOR A SPRAY WAX. I think that it lasts longer than Eagle One Nano Wax Spray as well as Turtle Wax Ice Spray but will not buy it again because it was so difficult to remove. My local Advance Auto had Cling on Clearance for like $3.95 around x-mas and I passed on buying more. I saw Eagle One Gel Wax mentioned on this thread and have used it also. Like the Cling it was also difficult to remove without looking smeary and required lots of buffing. If I hadn't gotten it FAR I would have been disappointed.

SIDE NOTE: I'm a fan of spray waxes for their ease of use but this fall I broke down and waxed a family members black Accord with their Liquid Glass. I applied it VERY thin (which was easy on a dark color) with half of a new damp kitchen sponge and removed with a terry cloth towel. This product went on AND OFF so easily that I did a second coat and the car looks FANTASTIC! I haven't used "real" wax in years so I don't know if it was the Liquid Glass or my method but it made the car look great and was much easier than I expected. Liquid Glass is not cheap but even a cheapskate like me cant argue with its results.

Meguairs Ultimate Quik Wax - my favorite spray wax!

It is easy to apply, easy to remove and leaves an incredible deep, dark shine and beads for weeks. I have used it as a stand alone product for the past two years, it's that good.

Use it with Meg's UQD for touch ups inbetween wash and wax.

Personaly, I like only using the...quick detail/mist&wipe/quick shine type products after each wash. After drying the car, I go over the whole vehicle with any brand quick detail, mist&wipe product as if I were re-drying the vehicle(top to bottom). Been doing this for years and my vehicles look great!

To those that doubt NuFinish: Is your car really clean? OK, you will say yes. But do a Clay Bar treatment and then use it. I bet you will be happy. Use sparingly - a little goes a long way.

I am not commenting on the Cling - never used it.

Last edited:
Don't waste your money, time or effort stay away from all nufinish products. The products may be cheap but the amount of time and effort is ridiculous. There are many other products which are far superior.

Don't waste your money, time or effort stay away from all nufinish products. The products may be cheap but the amount of time and effort is ridiculous. There are many other products which are far superior.

Not really....

NuFinish is the best all around protectant I've ever used. Once I figured that a thin coat is the way to apply. A very long lasting paint protectant that is easy to apply and remove IF you can read directions. :))

Eddie. IF you read the thread all the way through you would have seen I tried applying thin. IF you think nufinish is so great keep using. My review of the product was pretty dead on with amazon user reviews.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back