No-splash oil drain pan?

Stahlbus valve; it has a ~9” hose on the valve to drain directly into whatever without splash. It’s also how I pull my in-service UOA samples.

The valves don't stop splashing when you take off the oil filter, though that is less of a problem. Still need an oil pan of some sort to do the filter.

I have two "traditional" style drain pans. A 7.5qt Blitz (05070?) and a 7qt (🤣) OP-1 Flotool. The higher walls of the Blitz definitely contain splashes better than the Flotool.

A large piece of cardboard, higher walled drain pans and a 26x18 aluminum sheet pan placed under the drain pan is the easiest solution for me. Everything (except the cardboard) can be washed out and stored for next time.

I've seen on The Car Care Nut Youtube, he has an anti-splash pad for his drain funnel. Quick search on google

I have seen this equivalent technology in the bottom of various urinals.... a screen/pad with pointy/fingers that the flow hits and doesn't splash. No idea what they are called. I imagine someone could craft a DIY thing using spare nuts/bolts/wire/etc to do the same thing in an oil pan.

Back