No love here for the M&P Shield 2.0 9mm?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Al
Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en
Nice, thin Glock 43 single-stack is my next buy.
Don't think you will be sorry. Its very snappy though.
This was my experience and is what steered me to the S&W Shield 1.0 with no safety. No mistake about it, I have more Glocks, HK's, and Walthers than I care to count, but I do like the Shield and I also like the M&P 2.0 pistols. For the cost, they are hard to beat especially when you find them on sale. I have the full size and compact models and find they are great to shoot, very accurate, and have great features.

Originally Posted by Al

Don't think you will be sorry. Its very snappy though.

When carrying, is it +P? Every thin, light 9mm I ever shot was snappy.
Speer Gold Dot 147-grain GDHP is what I once used, until the double-action trigger went kaput, only allowing flawless shooting of FMJ rounds.
So the junk Taurus PT 111 G2 in 9mm can't be trusted as a carry piece anymore. I may donate it to the Vietnam Vets Chapter nearby.
I may ask the nearby range if I could rent the S&W Shield 2.0 for a tryout. Many here seem to be happy with the results.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Marco620
I'll stick with something with true class.

Nice HK! I also tend to go against the norm as I carry my Walther PPS M2. It's just a little heavier than the G43 and Shield, but that also translates into a little better recoil management when shooting.
[Linked Image]

L8R,
Matt

49E418B9-99E8-43EB-AFEF-BCF8AD6B31D1.jpeg

Don't think you'll be disappointed. Nice shooter and easily concealable . Glock reliability doesn't hurt.

thumbsup2.gif

I bought a first gen Shield back when they were hard to find. It was and is a lot of practical handgun for the money.
There's no reason a Shield 2.0 should not also be, and the price has come down. I'd recommend them, and I have.
There are of course, other options.
I took out a new shooter for a lesson the other day, and I found the Sig P365 she had purchased to be impressive. It's a quite compact 10 + 1, drove tacks and ran w/o hitch. Of course it's also going for around $500.
There are many, many good compact 9s to choose from these days.

So the junk Taurus PT 111 G2 in 9mm can't be trusted as a carry piece anymore.

What's the story with that? From what I see the Taurus PT111 G2 gets some good reviews.

Originally Posted by ZeeOSix

What's the story with that? From what I see the Taurus PT111 G2 gets some good reviews.

Trigger slop galore - stops near the back of the triggerguard - then fires when squeezed. Can't hardly feel any take-back in the trigger. Never know when's it's going to go boom, as the take-back is so short.
I sent it back to Taurus and they said the trigger was within spec. So I told them that as soon as I remember to buy a sledge hammer at Lowes, I'd send the 9mm back to them, looking like a pancake. The pistol might have 350 shots fired thru that barrel...... that's it.

I still have it under the mattress, where I never see it. Would rather donate it, then whack it to smithereeens and have to pay postage on it, Michigan to Florida.

Last edited:

...I still have it under the mattress, where I never see it. Would rather donate it, then whack it to smithereeens and have to pay postage on it, Michigan to Florida.

I had a S&W Sigma I felt that way about. My shooting buddy suggested I leave it on my truck dashboard on top of a $20 bill, with the truck unlocked, in a well used parking lot.

The $20 bill was so the thief would get something of value for doing me the favor of getting rid of that horrendous firearm.

Localized cities in my neck of the woods are passing new ordinances making it unlawful to leave firearms in unlocked vehicles.

Looking forward to shooting the M&P 2.0 at a range soon. Then I'll decide on it - or the Glock 43.

Originally Posted by ZeeOSix

I've owned both these guns for years now (shield is a 1.0 though). I have 2000 rounds on the Taurus and it's as reliable as anything i own. Shield trigger is short but too stiff. PT111 trigger is long because of the dual strike mechanism but EASILY overcome by holding the trigger at the "wall". Neither is anything close to perfect, neither is terrible, both are easy to shoot accurately, both I've carried routinely. The PT111 does have lakeline guide rods/sights and the baseplates shaved flat for better concealment. the shield has aftermarket base plates on the 7 round mags so I can put 3 fingers on it. Bottom line, if you want to save some money or you feel better with 13 rounds vs 8 (I wouldn't carry with the 8 Rd mag) there should be no reservation getting the Taurus G9c now I guess).

The gun that gets no love is the Shield 45. It's way better than the shield 9mm 1.0 and 2.0 IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back