2.0 M&P Compact 4" 40 To 9mm Conversion Barrel

I own an M&P 2.0 Compact 40 caliber with a 4" barrel. I'm having a hard time finding a 40 to 9mm conversion barrel for it. Any help finding one is greatly appreciated.
Thanks. :)

I’ve heard, anecdotally, that .40 to 9mm conversions can result in unreliable functioning. The 9mm recoil just doesn’t operate the heavier slide and/or recoil spring of the .40 as reliably.

A .40 to .357Sig should work well, and the magazines are compatible. Perhaps try that route?

With current ammo shortages, it sure would be nice to have the ability to shoot multiple calibers. I solved that problem by buying many different calibers...an expensive option, I admit... ironically, because .40 fell out of favor for a while, I was able to stock up on it at a very good price earlier this year. Even after the ammo shortages started, .40 was still in stock.

Now, everything is in short supply, and manufacturers will make the most popular calibers first, like 9mm, 5.56mm, etc. so the .40, and other less popular calibers will take a much long time to return to the shelves of suppliers.

With current availability and pricing you are way better off with the .40. At least till the craze fades.

I’ve heard, anecdotally, that .40 to 9mm conversions can result in unreliable functioning. The 9mm recoil just doesn’t operate the heavier slide and/or recoil spring of the .40 as reliably.

A .40 to .357Sig should work well, and the magazines are compatible. Perhaps try that route?

With current ammo shortages, it sure would be nice to have the ability to shoot multiple calibers. I solved that problem by buying many different calibers...an expensive option, I admit... ironically, because .40 fell out of favor for a while, I was able to stock up on it at a very good price earlier this year. Even after the ammo shortages started, .40 was still in stock.

Now, everything is in short supply, and manufacturers will make the most popular calibers first, like 9mm, 5.56mm, etc. so the .40, and other less popular calibers will take a much long time to return to the shelves of suppliers.
I have one in a LE trade in FS M&P .40. That thing is a real tack driver!
TACK DRIVER.gif

From Apex Tactical on M&P .40 conversion barrels:
“All of our 9mm barrels will work as conversion barrels. The barrel hood will be a bit narrow, but that has absolutely zero effect on accuracy or reliability.”

Back