No 12 guage ammo anywhere!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember, shotgun shells can be reloaded by hand at a kitchen table.

You can even shoot pyrodex out of it.

Therefore, primers wouldn't be a total waste of time if your plan is to hoard shotshells.

Keep your empties!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F85LMFWKwTo

Also, keep in mind match heads from paper books of matches (if you can see "salt" crystals in the heads and they readily light and burn briskly), 10 packs of matches = a powerful 12 ga load of "black" powder if you are stuck.

You need to load a primed empty, cut off the match heads with a pair of garden shears, and the rest is just like a muzzle loader. Only difference is you need to compress the matches a bit more firmly.

Keep this in mind, trust me it works and surprisingly well. Only you need to clean the barrel the same you would if you used Goex.

And, if you hoard them they last forever. And have the bonus of being, well, matches. If you have a black powder shotgun or .50 cal rifle, bonus. Usually 1$ buys fifty books of matches, = 5 powerful shotgun loads.

Just remember, start testing with 5 packs of trimmed match heads and work your way up 1 pack at a time. They act as large BP granules.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: 01rangerxl

I'm still mostly concerned about my 9mm ammo. All I found last week were overpriced Zero brand reloads. They are obviously reloads...as in it appears the cases were collected from a crack house driveway after being run over.
frown.gif

I bought a box of "Ultramax" made in South Dakota (made in Rapid City to be exact). It is re-loaded ammo. There are some brass cases, some steel. They all have different brand names on them varying from Speer to Winchester. They are lead nosed rounds. Not sure how I feel about that but they were the only box in town pretty much, the last one, it was $15. Apparently though, they're reloaded with strict procedures. So, crossing my fingers.

Originally Posted By: Chris142
I just stood in line for 45 minutes to buy 5 boxes of shotgun shells. The guy ahead of me bought all 5

hahahahaha
lol.gif

I'm sorry I shouldn't laugh. That guy is probably having fun right now and you're posting about it on BITOG.

I scored 2 boxes of #8 today and 10 shells of "00" buckshot. The Buckshot is Hornaday Zombie stuff
grin.gif

I paid out the wazoo for the 2 boxes of #8
mad.gif
But they were the only 2 boxes in town. WM has 4 boxes of 20ga ammo.

Originally Posted By: NHGUY
Manufacturers are loving the panic....somebody is going to profit,and its them.

If I owned a supply house or retail chain I would jack my prices right now.

The ammo dealers around here are telling me the manufacturers are 4-6 months behind. Shotgun "fairly" plentiful while the hangun and 22 ammo is dried up at the guns shows and farm retailers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back