Nissan top-off

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been searching and reading threads here and other places for a couple hours. I'm going crazy. I've got 7,700 miles on my Nissan Sentra Spec V and I just wanna top it off. It'll probably take about a pint. Should I plunk down the big bucks for OEM? Is Peak Global okay (no silicates supposedly)? Have I missed another option? I had no idea this was so complicated.

For that little top off, any long life antifreeze diluted to 50/50 concentration will be fine. You won't be upsetting the balance enough to matter. If you're still concerned, quit obsessing and just plunk the big bucks down for Nissan's syrup. You need your sleep and life's already too short as it is.

Distilled water. Now you are 45/ 55 or whatever.
Just look up the capacity and see if you are
over 60%.

Yea, if your just short in your overflow tank use distilled water. That is what I do. It usually goes low because water evaporates over time. However, if your constantly adding then suspect a leak.

quote:

thanks Ray.

(I think I overstated my distress a bit!)

Ya think?
lol.gif

Hey. Frysk!

On second thought, maybe you aren't, it's just mis-directed (your distress, that is).

What year is it? If it's that new, roll into the stealership and make THEM top it off, and get a receipt. Anytime fluids are low during the new car warranty, anything of that goes wrong, get a record, a history of trouble going with those mutts. If this gets to be a ongoing pattern, maybe they gotta fix something AFTER the warranty is out that they should have fixed WHILE the warranty was in force.

If that coolant is low now, who's to say you don't have a pinhole in the head gasket that bleeds just a little (and a pint in 7700 IS a little, but noticeable). I have 3500 miles on my new Hyundai, and it hasn't lost a DROP. Mine's another story, but it doesn't lose fluid, this engine is very tight, they just started me off with filthy-swill, which I changed myself when they professed ignorance. Trust me, if it was leaking, they'd be eating the car before I'd let the warranty expire without an entension of the warranty for leaking cooling system issues.

Ask any Neon/PT Cruiser owner that hadda spring for a $1300.00 head gasket 25 miles after the 7/70 expired. Ray, am I being too hard on the stealer's service-mutts? Aside from calling them mutts, of course? They are the ones that instigate this attitude after all, using ANY excuse to deny a warranty claim.

I mean, ya hate to set up a confrontational atmoshpere with these doods at the stealer, but so MUCH of their repair/maintenance philosphy and warranty policy is simply bad for cars. And a lot of it is from them not knowing their products, fluids and of course, simple organizational inertia (we've ALWAYS done it that way!)

Or am I overstating my distress a bit?
rolleyes.gif

quote:

Originally posted by toocrazy2yoo:
Ray, am I being too hard on the stealer's service-mutts? Aside from calling them mutts, of course? ... Or am I overstating my distress a bit?
rolleyes.gif

Some stealership techs are very competent. There are incompetents, though. But, the same can be said for physicians, dentists, optometrists, plumbers, contractors, judges, police officers, and Presidents, too.

well here's the funny part. I checked it a couple of days after posting this and my level was perfect. I'm trying to decide when I checked it and noticed it was low, if I was on a level surface or not. Whatever it was, it's fine now. thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back