Nissan 0W-20

Nissan OEM 0W20.jpg

I hope that is GF-6A and not GL-6 :)

Why VOA Nissan Labeled oil? Get it cheap?

Welcome aboard @Irn_Bru to the Motor Oil Loony Bin :)

Where do you live and what do you drive?

In comparison, below I provided a link to a Forum oil "darling" starting a from about couple years ago.

Be fully aware that simple voa do not evidence non-organometallic compounds that are widely in use in modern lubricants.

Good catch on the GF-6A, I'm sure it was my poor writing skills on the tiny sheet, not Blackstone's mistake. Purchased at Z1 Off-Road and it was a good value in my opinion. It's in my Frontier now.

Z1 Off-Road

Last edited:
Good catch on the GF-6A, I'm sure it was my poor writing skills on the tiny sheet, not Blackstone's mistake. Purchased at Z1 Off-Road and it was a good value in my opinion. It's in my Frontier now.

Z1 Off-Road
Ok, again why Nissan oil at a premium? Nissan do not blend oil.

That is clearly an Exxon-Mobil container with a Nissan label'
Not a bad price for your kit if shipping was free.

Are Nissan Filters still made by Grupo Gonher in Mexico?

In regards to why, I was interested in the change kit from Z1. From what I understand the oil is from Exxon/Mobil. That's why I did the VOA since I couldn't find one here. The "Nissan" filter I received was made in Japan, apparently by Mahle.

In regards to why, I was interested in the change kit from Z1. From what I understand the oil is from Exxon/Mobil. That's why I did the VOA since I couldn't find one here. The "Nissan" filter I received was made in Japan, apparently by Mahle.
That's cool on the filter, Nissan filter have be iffy in the past. I am almost certain I lost the 1.6 engine during break in on my new 2014 Versa Note MT due to a bad component - an oversized fiberboard end cap - in a "made in China' labeled factory installed filter.

I don't understand the reason for the VOA - that is an unrecoverable expense and it doesn't tell you anything worthwhile - unless you are looking closely and comparing at Ca compound treat rates.

The Frontier is not my daily and only has about 5500 miles on it so the oil change was due to time, definitely not mileage, to keep the warranty people happy. I typically use Pennzoil Ultra Platinum in everything so the VOA was to see how they compare.

The Frontier is not my daily and only has about 5500 miles on it so the oil change was due to time, definitely not mileage, to keep the warranty people happy. I typically use Pennzoil Ultra Platinum in everything so the VOA was to see how they compare.
What is your assessment on how they compare? Any specific additive you are looking at?

Nice!

I own a 2022 Frontier. I run 5w30 in it as opposed to 0w20 and have since it had about 6K miles on it. Mostly Pennzoil Ultra Platinum. ~32K currently on the ODO.

The reason I chose 5w30 is the issues Nissan has with the VQ35DD used in 2017+ Pathfinders with severe sludge build up. These also spec 0w20. I own a 2019 Pathfinder as well and run 5w30 in it. Over 100K miles on it. No idea if 5w30 over 0w20 is the solution, but it makes me feel better.

What is your assessment on how they compare? Any specific additive you are looking at?
After some reading I've done I was more curious about calcium than anything. My previous tow vehicle was a '14 Ram and they tend to eat cams. Mine never did but I got several UOA's with Blackstone to check for wear metals just in case. This is my first VOA.

Nice!

I own a 2022 Frontier. I run 5w30 in it as opposed to 0w20 and have since it had about 6K miles on it. Mostly Pennzoil Ultra Platinum. ~32K currently on the ODO.

The reason I chose 5w30 is the issues Nissan has with the VQ35DD used in 2017+ Pathfinders with severe sludge build up. These also spec 0w20. I own a 2019 Pathfinder as well and run 5w30 in it. Over 100K miles on it. No idea if 5w30 over 0w20 is the solution, but it makes me feel better.
Thanks! Believe or not mine is also a '22 and it really surprised me how well it tows our 5000# camper.

Reactions: JTK
Thanks! Believe or not mine is also a '22 and it really surprised me how well it tows our 5000# camper.
I bet it does. I don't even have a hitch on my S-model, but I've had the bed loaded numerous times. They're great trucks.

In terms of oil changes on it, I won't go beyond a 5K mile OCI because of the GDI.

Back