New world's hottest pepper just cultivated

Jalapeño is hot as I go.
Same here, even a fresh one can be a bit much sometimes.

I like traditional Mexican foods, most have some hotness to them but not repulsive.

My parents in law are hilarious, they are very sensitive to anything spicy. We were at a restaurant a little be ago, they couldn’t handle the sauce that was on their sandwich, claimed it was “unbearably” spicy… it was just chipotle hahaha

Last edited:
I was in an Indian restaurant and ordered a spicy dish that came mild, medium, or hot. I ordered medium. I was crying. Tears were running down my face. My lips and mouth were numb. I like spicy food but this was the hottest thing I've ever eaten. Although the heat was too intense for me, it was very flavorful. When I got the bill to pay, it said "mild". I asked the server, yo, that was mild? He sheepishly said, "Yes, I didn't think you could handle medium."
I believe it! I've worked with Indian guys who I'm pretty sure had cauterized taste buds.

:ROFLMAO: Count me as a moron. I grow and eat Ghost and Carolina Reaper Peppers; well I eat the skin only, not the seeds. I like the extreme heat and the taste. I guess I'm just a masochist.
I'm in the same group. Guess I'm an idiot with no taste? I've eaten many whole ghost peppers. The heat is an experience like many things, some people love it some don't get it and think no one should be able to enjoy it. I've made Habanero poppers, beer battered and delicious.

I took a "mountain dweller" couple to dinner at an Indian restaurant.
In friendly enthusiasm, the husband said the the waitress/owner, "The hotter, the better!"
She looked at me knowingly and I said, "Medium for him".
The dish was amply hot.

Developing a "super pepper", while not needed by me or most people I know, probably yields more chemicals for the tear gas and mace industry.

I took a "mountain dweller" couple to dinner at an Indian restaurant.
In friendly enthusiasm, the husband said the the waitress/owner, "The hotter, the better!"
She looked at me knowingly and I said, "Medium for him".
The dish was amply hot.

Developing a "super pepper", while not needed by me or most people I know, probably yields more chemicals for the tear gas and mace industry.

Nah. It’s pretty easy to extract capsiacin from any pepper. Obviously bell peppers wouldn’t make sense, but large amounts of inexpensively grown medium hot peppers go into production of capsiacin for pepper spray.

Back