New : Uniroyal Tiger Paw Touring A/S

Originally Posted by wdn
Tiger Paw touring performed badly and were in the bottom 5 tires in Consumer Reports last year, and the bottom 5 also included Milestar and Westlake.

Yes-but the tire has changed. What generation are the reviews based on?

Originally Posted by CKN
Originally Posted by wdn
Tiger Paw touring performed badly and were in the bottom 5 tires in Consumer Reports last year, and the bottom 5 also included Milestar and Westlake.

Yes-but the tire has changed. What generation are the reviews based on?

Yes
Based on as an owner of Uniroyal Tiger Paw A/S tires
I'd say their performing just fine !
But time will tell
The best thing is Uniroyal is owned by Michelin

Originally Posted by UG_Passat
Case in point: Falken Sincera 250 has 2 different versions:

Aftermarket: 250, 720 A A
OEM: 250A: 340 A A(or B), and has a different tread pattern than the aftermarket version.

And the difference is the letter "A".

Oh, and it's even worse than that: Tire Rack lists the Falken Sincera 250A A/S, but no Falken Sincera 250 A/S, but Falken lists on their website the 250 A/S, but not the 250A A/S!! In both cases, these look like aftermarket tire lines - and the UTQG ratings are completely different = 720 A (A or B) vs 320 (A or B) (A or B). Parentheses added for clarity.

I am absolutely sure there is going to be confusion and some issues. This would be a slam dunk for a good lawyer (with me as the technical expert!)

Called Uniroyal about any rebates and was told the $40 ( possibly $50 ) rebate starts 4/15 until 5/31 . Tirerack is clearing out the previous Tiger Paw and the new Tiger Paw Touring A/S won't be available for awhile .
frown.gif

Last edited:
The Tiger Paw A/S 175/65-15 ( H ) we use are $68.99 each at Tirebuyer . So , $10 ( $40 rebate ) brings it to $58.99 each . The RT-43 are in this price range as well . I think Uniroyal also donates money to help save tigers when a purchase is made . Like that idea .

Last edited:
These are the previous Tiger Paw Touring (H) . Much fewer sipes and not as deep . The new generation are a big improvement .

IMG_4371.JPG

IMG_4366.JPG

IMG_4367.JPG

IMG_4368.JPG

IMG_4369.JPG

IMG_4370.JPG

Last edited:
Stayed with 4 new GENERAL Altimax RT43 ( H) . The Tiger Paw A/S are new since fall of '19 and will wait to see what more buyer reviews are . Know the 43s' for 4+ years . They have Silica compound , while the new Tiger Paw A/S are unknown . Contacted Michelin / Uniroyal about silica and never got an answer
smirk.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted by CapriRacer
And a word of caution (since this is an International website)

In the US, Michelin has control of the Uniroyal brand name, but in Europe, it is owned by Continental. I'm not sure of other places. (OK, Wikipedia says that Michelin owns the name in North America, Columbia, and Peru, and Continental owns it everywhere else.)

Michelin bought out an Indonesian tire maker recently, and I've seen Made in Indonesia and a non-Michelin DOT code on a set of Uniroyals lately.

Michelin used to make a Costco-exclusive BFG Touring T/A Pro Series, that tire was outsourced to Hankook.

Originally Posted by nthach

In the US, Michelin has control of the Uniroyal brand name, but in Europe, it is owned by Continental. I'm not sure of other places. (OK, Wikipedia says that Michelin owns the name in North America, Columbia, and Peru, and Continental owns it everywhere else.)

Michelin bought out an Indonesian tire maker recently, and I've seen Made in Indonesia and a non-Michelin DOT code on a set of Uniroyals lately.

Michelin used to make a Costco-exclusive BFG Touring T/A Pro Series, that tire was outsourced to Hankook.

Please tell us why we need to be cautious since many tires are made in Indonesia already-and they don't seem to be littering the highways in North America.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by odie
Stayed with 4 new GENERAL Altimax RT43 ( H) . The Tiger Paw A/S are new since fall of '19 and will wait to see what more buyer reviews are . Know the 43s' for 4+ years . They have Silica compound , while the new Tiger Paw A/S are unknown . Contacted Michelin / Uniroyal about silica and never got an answer
smirk.gif

Great decision.. the trusty AltiMAX RT43 have hundreds if not thousands of reviews. Thanks also nthach for the comment. Although Indonesia is one of the prime sources for rubber, it's still good to wait and see if the manufacturing is up to par.

Originally Posted by CKN
Originally Posted by nthach

Please tell us why we need to be cautious since many tires are made in Indonesia already-and they don't seem to be littering the highways in North America.

I'm afraid you're reading more into this than is there. The caution concerns the Uniroyal brand and the fact that in different parts of the world, that brand is owned by different people.

The caution is not for Indonesian made tires.

A
Purchased the Uniroyal Tiger Paw A/S for my wife's Lincoln about 2weeks ago
235/45/19
So far very pleased with the purchase
I would recommend them to anyone in the market looking for this type tire
Any update on these tires? How are they wearing? Noisier as they wear?
-think it is between these and the General Altimax for my Accord. 235/40r19

The "Tiger Paw" name has been around for years. It looks like the tire has evolved/been improved tho. I would be interested in the noise level of these tires.

my co worker and I put 4 of these in his 06’ HEMI CHRYSLER 300 car. He says there is light road noise but he likes them

Back