Clearance Sale: Continental TrueContact Touring tire - Canadian Tire

That seems to be a fabulous deal on a set of really good tires. Congratulations on the find!

185/65/15 came up with the link.
Is that your size?
Good find!

I found (4) 196/65/15 on the sale pile at my local Sears a while back.
That was the first and last time I found such a deal.

Good price and good tires.
I do prefer General tires thou, when time comes to change tires again I'll be looking at General tires first, I know they are Continental's subsidiary, they have at least two good models I like for a car - g max 05 that my wife has on her Forte and 365aw that I have in mind for the future. Very happy with Arctic and Arctic 12 tires but will go with all weather next time and one set year around on that car, we don't get much snow in city and my wife doesn't want to drive in snow at all anymore. The other car is a different story - HT tires for summer and proper winter tires for that season.

24th week of 2023 for all 4 I got.
Good enough to replace the 14 year old Michelin X-Ice tires I'm currently running.
🤷‍♂️
Nice price, I do want to ask you about the old tires. 14 year old tires lasted you that long in how many KM? I'm not going to debate anything here about it just curious.

Nice price, I do want to ask you about the old tires. 14 year old tires lasted you that long in how many KM? I'm not going to debate anything here about it just curious.
To be honest, I'm not sure how many KM's are on these tires.
I bought them with a set of Acura 15's, as I wanted to downsize from stock 16's.
The tires were in good shape, just old. Easily 50-60% tread remaining.
And at $240 for the full set of wheels and winter tires, I felt it to be foolish to turn down the offer.

So here we are, three and a half years later and they are still running perfectly.
The only reason that I decided to replace them was a harrowing experience in my driveway this winter.
Combined with one situation when the back-end wanted to "step out" from the front (while going around a bend in the road), led me to beleive it's finally time for them to be replaced.

It's funny, the last snowfall in my area (November I think), they were perfect. Never skipped a beat and handled any snow/rain with ease.
It's like a light switch, one second everything is fine and the next you feel like you are driving a car that's got a mind of it's own.
😵‍💫

To be honest, I'm not sure how many KM's are on these tires.
I bought them with a set of Acura 15's, as I wanted to downsize from stock 16's.
The tires were in good shape, just old. Easily 50-60% tread remaining.
And at $240 for the full set of wheels and winter tires, I felt it to be foolish to turn down the offer.

So here we are, three and a half years later and they are still running perfectly.
The only reason that I decided to replace them was a harrowing experience in my driveway this winter.
Combined with one situation when the back-end wanted to "step out" from the front (while going around a bend in the road), led me to beleive it's finally time for them to be replaced.

It's funny, the last snowfall in my area (November I think), they were perfect. Never skipped a beat and handled any snow/rain with ease.
It's like a light switch, one second everything is fine and the next you feel like you are driving a car that's got a mind of it's own.
😵‍💫
Very good info & thanks for sharing more of the story about the old rubbers.

Back