New saw

At the recommendation of another member here (thanks @Cujet), I picked up the last one at the local HD. Got rid of my older Husqvarna 240 in hopes the new battery 120i would make the grade. It's nice, and useful for VERY light work, limbing etc., but heavier work taxed it out of contention and killed the battery quick. So, needed to go back to gas for real tree and wood work. This thing fits the bill perfectly. Super light, and very powerful. Typical Japanese build quality and will last a very long time. Made quick work of some 12-16" white oak and hickory logs that will go into the fire-pit in a couple weeks. Thought initially that a a 20" bar would be unnecessary or too unwieldy, but as the girls say, size matters ;). Its a VERY nice piece and was super cheap for what ya get. Definately a keeper.

At the recommendation of another member here (thanks @Cujet), I picked up the last one at the local HD. Got rid of my older Husqvarna 240 in hopes the new battery 120i would make the grade. It's nice, and useful for VERY light work, limbing etc., but heavier work taxed it out of contention and killed the battery quick. So, needed to go back to gas for real tree and wood work. This thing fits the bill perfectly. Super light, and very powerful. Typical Japanese build quality and will last a very long time. Made quick work of some 12-16" white oak and hickory logs that will go into the fire-pit in a couple weeks. Thought initially that a a 20" bar would be unnecessary or too unwieldy, but as the girls say, size matters ;). Its a VERY nice piece and was super cheap for what ya get. Definately a keeper.
Nice!

Echo has really stepped up their game in recent years. Their saws/equipment were always built well and reliable, but the newer stuff is way more competitive due to the decrease in weight and better power to weight ratios. Husqvarna used to be my go-to (and Stihl before that) but now the Husqvarna lower end non-pro stuff seems to be taking a hit in quality while the Echo saws are improving.

Nice I have a 4910 and its a good saw. You're lucky to get one as its already been discontinued and replaced by the inferior (IMO) 4920.. 4910 is just a CS-501 with a plastic handle and no captive bar nuts for $100-150 less.. I went to my local echo dealer and bought the CS-501 captive bar nuts and put them on my saw for less than $10.

Project farm guy on YouTube did a whole battery vs gas saw test. The electric saws weren't better in any way as far as performance. The only way electric saws could beat gas is if noise ewas a major concern and if you were going to only use them for extremely light work, had electricity near by for charging.
They were an upgrade from a hand saw.
I say get an echo or Stihl, but seriously just get an echo.
Husqvarna is closing US gas saw and gas powered lawnmower plants ang going over seas to make weak arse over priced battery powered stuff.

Here is the gas vs electric test and I think that's a Husqvarna 120i on there if I remember correctly.

I have an electric saw. I use I for tree trimming but anything more than 3 or 4 inches in diameter I get a gas powered saw.

Last edited:
Back