Has anyone added aftermarket exhaust to a chainsaw?

I just got Chinese muffler of eBay with additional exhaust ports and have been happy with it for past 4+ years. Made it a little bit louder and felt like a little more torque, but it might be just be excited about new muffler.

it needs a plastic bag over the idiot who bought it; minimum of at least brown paper sack so no one recognizes someone who bought one 😂😆
A buddy just got a Milwaukee chainsaw. He uses it for limbing and pruning, works great for that, but he has a bunch of large Stihls and Husqvarnas for the real work.

The battery saws have their place, but if you want to actually cut a tree down and buck it up, it isn't meant for that.

I have three chainsaws. An old Stihl 025 from the 90's that has served me well and still runs great. I recently bought an Echo CS-271T top handle limbing saw that I keep in a sheath on my Kubota tractor. It is super handy and light and I love it. My third saw is a Stihl MS311 that I want to ask about.

I bought it about five years ago to help me deal with my wooded acreage here in Vermont. It's bigger and more powerful than my old 025 but still only has a 20" bar. I live on a dirt road that is not maintained by the local municpalities and my neighbors and I had to deal with a rather large downed tree in the road last winter. We eventually got it cut up but a 24" bar would have been really helpful.

So that gets me to my question. Chainsaws that come with 24" or longer bars are generally professional grade and I'm not willing to spend what it takes to buy one that I may or not need. I just bought an aftermarket muffler for my MS311 to help it handle a larger bar and I'm comfortable with the carb tuning but has any one else gone this route?

View attachment 184049
Be sure to run at least 40:1 of a CD rated 2 stroke oil.
I find just taking out the spark arrestor screen improves throttle response and changes air/exhaust flow enough to where a carb adjustment is usually needed.
I don't really mod my saws that much because I'm usually cutting kiln dried hard wood and stock power power is enough to smoke the bar and chain with the oiler turned all the way up.

Back