New Rural King Battery

M1Accord's Fit came with the tiny 151R battery (340CC), not the larger 51R (500 CCA) battery. My suggestion was to go to the larger 51R battery which was OEM on the Fits built in Japan. I've never seen the tiny 151R battery at any WalMart and it is often more expensive than a comparable grade 51R size.
I did google it and see that you are right.. Did not know that the 51r battery was smaller years ago. My 21 HRV uses the 51r ...larger size and I wish that you could change it to a more powerful battery but they wont fit in the HRV. When I had my 07 Accord with the 51r there was a kit to switch to the larger battery used for the ones used with the v6...

I had a walmart value battery - 24F - and it was fine. There $70 now though, so not as great. Got about 2 years out of it before it dropped to a level I found unacceptable. However it only had 1 year replacement, no 60 months as the OP indicated. So 60 months pro rated for a $55 battery is pretty awesome if that's the case.

I would do the Rural King one for $55 instead if I had a Rural King anywhere near here.

I did google it and see that you are right.. Did not know that the 51r battery was smaller years ago. My 21 HRV uses the 51r ...larger size and I wish that you could change it to a more powerful battery but they wont fit in the HRV. When I had my 07 Accord with the 51r there was a kit to switch to the larger battery used for the ones used with the v6...

You should check out post #54 in this Honda HRV forum thread where the owner provides a few options to upgrade the stock 51R battery in his 2020 HRV to a more stout Group 56R or 124R battery.

Honda HR-V Battery Upgrade Options

Purchased a new battery for the wife’s Rav4 after this cold snap. I went with a Rural King brand. Group 35, 12 month free replacement 60 month limited warranty, Manufactured 11/23, Made in USA. Looks great so far.

The most important part… $55!

View attachment 199743
I have used RK batteries over a decade now and have had great success. I have yet to take one back or ne go bad but I have battery tenders that I switch for most of the machinery that I use. You cannot beat the price.

Wish they had more locations, nearest one is 4 hours away. Tractor Supply has that sector wrapped up around here anyway, even if RK moved into the area it would be like how Lowes and HD have stores across the street from each other.

M1Accord's Fit came with the tiny 151R battery (340CC), not the larger 51R (500 CCA) battery. My suggestion was to go to the larger 51R battery which was OEM on the Fits built in Japan. I've never seen the tiny 151R battery at any WalMart and it is often more expensive than a comparable grade 51R size.
A lot more expensive and isn’t good at holding charge even new. OEM battery died in 3.5 years svd needed regular jump start the last 1.5 year. AutoZone replacement has been good for 8+ years now.

Fit needs to have two metal brackets cut to fit 51R since 2011.

Wish they had more locations, nearest one is 4 hours away. Tractor Supply has that sector wrapped up around here anyway, even if RK moved into the area it would be like how Lowes and HD have stores across the street from each other.
Yeah, they’re regional for sure. Not sure if you’ve ever been in one but RK is like TSC, but probably 10x larger, 10-30% lower prices, and has guns. If given the choice I would choose it over TSC every time. TSC does well with the suburban crowd I think.

Back