(NEW) Purolator Boss PBL14006 Cut Open

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree that the ADBV won't fail in service, but why can't they fix the design? The same as on the Bosch Distance +. I bought those on clearance, but I won't buy any of these at full price when there are other options.

Looks good. I would prefer not to see slices in the ADBV, but I realize it's irrelevant.

107in² of bonded-mesh reinforced media, and a close-up of said media:

IMG_20181205_231051.jpg

IMG_20181205_231114.jpg

Originally Posted by JohnnyJohnson
Looks great for an expensive 95% or less at 20 Microns doesn't it

The Boss is 99% @ 40μ, so probably more like around 60~70% @ 20μ.

Originally Posted by webfors
That's a lot of media for a wire back syn filter. Nice!

They use a nylon scrim (not metal wire) on a single layer, so they are able to bend pleats tighter and get more pleats in the element.

Thanks for the C&P rooflessVW.

Originally Posted by DGXR
Is the Purolator Boss the same as the Bosch Distance Plus?

No. I've cut open D+ filters. They are synth blend, not backed. And thinner cans. Different animals.

anks for the Cand p I went to Bi mart to see what there were charging and they were $11.00 to $15.00.

They very filter, a PBL14006, is $6.97 as an add-on item on Amazon, if you spend $18.03 more (totaling =>$25).
It's a teaser price... and fits my old Silverado.
smile.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted by DGXR
Is the Purolator Boss the same as the Bosch Distance Plus?

I've read that The STP MAXIMUM LIFE 15,000 Mile filter is pretty much a Purolator BOSS in disguise... Been using the MAX Life filters for over a year now and they've been great so far.... I did however stock up on them ( The USA Made ones ) a couple months back as I found out that they are now being manufactured in China using slightly different materials.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back