New pennzoil oils

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amsoil is pricey and lots of people like Pennzoil so I think there is a good market for it ...

Curious if this is a new oil why Pennzoil website .pdf says A1/B1? Isn't that an obsolete spec?

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Marco620
I really want to try this but I already bought into the M1 0w30 at 5.49qt. The Hths is only 2.9 and M1 being 3.0. I think they are a lil late to the game on 0w30 as M1 is available everywhere and Amsoil 0w30 has a good following that pretty much covers the field.

.... but how would you feel if M1 was darker, uglier, stinkier, louder and consumed more, than any of these four new offerings from Pennzoil?

Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en
Originally Posted by Marco620
I really want to try this but I already bought into the M1 0w30 at 5.49qt. The Hths is only 2.9 and M1 being 3.0. I think they are a lil late to the game on 0w30 as M1 is available everywhere and Amsoil 0w30 has a good following that pretty much covers the field.
.... but how would you feel if M1 was darker, uglier, stinkier, louder and consumed more, than any of these four new offerings from Pennzoil?

When I read goofy nonsense like this I just wonder how I made it to 430,000+ miles in my old Sienna using mainly M1. Ditto for the rest of my vehicles.

Please read the first sentence of my Signature.
Sorry!

Without knowing / seeing your reply, Pennzoil products rock. Valvoline Advanced and Mobil-1 AP too.

Sorry!

Without knowing / seeing your reply, Pennzoil products rock. Valvoline Advanced and Mobil-1 AP too.

There is no circumstance where I could care less about whom is on your ignore list or not. What I care about is valid and worthwhile technical information rather than nonsense posted as such.

My question remains. How did I make it all these miles with Mobil 1? Must be an aberration.

Sorry!

cheers3.gif

Originally Posted by kschachn
My question remains. How did I make it all these miles with Mobil 1? Must be an aberration.

I had the same internal reactions during the "VII content" and turbos thread. It seemed all of a sudden M1 was being relegated to the bin of garbage oils due to the suggestion that it used/uses a "high" VII content. Seems what was a BITOG darling last week, overnight became the red headed step child with some BITOGers!
lol.gif

I found this pretty interesting, I have not seen it posted here before.

https://tinyurl.com/vndm73b

It's a PowerPoint presentation from CalACT and has some nice spider graphs about dexos requirements. A little out of date but still interesting.

Sorry for having to post it that way but I couldn't find a better method.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back