New Model 3 Performance released

I am about to pull the trigger on the new Model 3 Performance.

1714010619876.jpg

I don't think you can get a better car for that price. If it was in my budget that one would be a strong contender to join my driveway!

But I still wish it had stalks for turn signal and shifter :D

I do like the highland, have only seen one so far. The prior one looked a bit goofy to me.

I am about to pull the trigger on the new Model 3 Performance.
Well, you know how I feel. DO IT!!!! The performance is worth the price of admission. Maybe even do a few track events or autocross days. Despite the negative press, I remain a huge fan. And quite simply, it is exceedingly hard to match the performance with a conventional gas car, without spending an absolute fortune, and putting up with the driving dynamics drama of wheelspin, non stop shifting and stability.

So hard to buy one of these knowing it will lose massive value in the coming years. I just don't make enough money to be able to afford losing 20-30k on a vehicle in 2 years. But I'd gladly drive one.
Let's be honest about this one. We can calculate the "cost per mile" objectively, and the Tesla does quite well here, if driven long term. The situation you describe may include trading in at the 2-3 year mark. A situation that never promises anything but massive losses for just about any vehicle.

Oh sure, now and then, here and there, the mythical Toyota or Honda is worth more than the discounted new purchase price. Good luck counting on any of that.

Well, you know how I feel. DO IT!!!! The performance is worth the price of admission. Maybe even do a few track events or autocross days. Despite the negative press, I remain a huge fan. And quite simply, it is exceedingly hard to match the performance with a conventional gas car, without spending an absolute fortune, and putting up with the driving dynamics drama of wheelspin, non stop shifting and stability.

I agree.

I would like to buy the new Performance. Just can't bring myself to do it. If it had a hatch instead of a trunk I could. I've already had two occasions where I planned to take the Tesla and couldn't because what I needed to move didn't fit in the trunk, but fit in the GTI. The design of the rear parcel shelf shot a hole in that plan.

The car is perfect for my use otherwise. Sucks to have to say no for what is still a relatively low use case. Maybe the new Model Y will find a way to dump the frumpiness of it's proportions. This just came out so I have plenty of time to consider my options.

I would like to buy the new Performance. Just can't bring myself to do it. If it had a hatch instead of a trunk I could. I've already had two occasions where I planned to take the Tesla and couldn't because what I needed to move didn't fit in the trunk, but fit in the GTI. The design of the rear parcel shelf shot a hole in that plan.

The car is perfect for my use otherwise. Sucks to have to say no for what is still a relatively low use case. Maybe the new Model Y will find a way to dump the frumpiness of it's proportions. This just came out so I have plenty of time to consider my options.
The Model Y is a better car to buy. More useful, easier to get in and out. I considered one, due to SUV mania, but don't like the sitting position and other stuff.

Wifey did say, "Go ahead on the M3P.".

Not to sound snarky but I'd go over it with a fine tooth comb to make sure that parts aren't missing or misaligned body panels etc. Good luck with your purchase. There is a guy who sells a pdi (Pre detail inspection) booklet for every Tesla model and apparently it's saved new owners lots of headaches.

The Model Y is a better car to buy. More useful, easier to get in and out. I considered one, due to SUV mania, but don't like the sitting position and other stuff.

Wifey did say, "Go ahead on the M3P.".
I’d rather the 3 I think but I don’t think I could really lose going with the Y. I really don’t like what the proportions did to the styling though.

Not to sound snarky but I'd go over it with a fine tooth comb to make sure that parts aren't missing or misaligned body panels etc. Good luck with your purchase. There is a guy who sells a pdi (Pre detail inspection) booklet for every Tesla model and apparently it's saved new owners lots of headaches.
I think if we’re on here we’d be picky enough to know what we were looking for. I know I was pretty particular when picking up our car.

I think if we’re on here we’d be picky enough to know what we were looking for. I know I was pretty particular when picking up our car.
Not trying to come across as Anti-Tesla but thought it might not be a terrible suggestion. I worked as a lot tech and then a lot manager, and sometimes you don't necessarily think about stuff when getting that new toy, you just want to drive it home.

Back