New Line: Motul 8100 Power

So better?

But poor value for money?

Or not better?
It is relative what better means. All oils I mentioned I used are of excellent quality.
If you ask me about value, in my case it is absolutely good value as I can get Motul super cheap. If I was buying it like anyone else, I would go Mobil1 0W40 or Pennzoil Platinum Euro 5W40 which is often on sale, or Castrol 0W40.

Maybe they blend their oils a bit thicler than other brands, but considering the base oil and add pack, definitely not worth 86$ for 5L that is crazy, almost 300V money.
Their X-Cess has same KV100 as other oils, as well as X-Clean. But HTHS is higher. It indicates “better” base stocks. But again, there is more to it, and each oil blender has its own tricks.
As for price, I already mentioned above. But here, it is $40 for 5L:

its funny that you still mention castro 0-40.

sn version doesnt have bmw approval anymore,at least here in europe

and sp version is not like sn version at all,just a typical mediocre castrol oil,as we all noticed in a similar topic.

p.s. you didnt say anything about your favorite LM to our friend.he can call motul xcess an ok oil and LM a better one? 😂
SN Castrol didn’t “lose” approval bcs. Oil couldn’t meet it. BMW with LL 2018 revision, eliminated 0WXX oils from LL01 and LL04. No 0XXX oil could have it.
2022 revision allowed again 0WXX oils. Castrol doesn’t want to do approval for SN as SP is replacing it anyway. What you find on sale are probably old stocks.

its funny that you still mention castro 0-40.

sn version doesnt have bmw approval anymore,at least here in europe

and sp version is not like sn version at all,just a typical mediocre castrol oil,as we all noticed in a similar topic.

p.s. you didnt say anything about your favorite LM to our friend.he can call motul xcess an ok oil and LM a better one? 😂
LM? I don’t bother with that :)

SN Castrol didn’t “lose” approval bcs. Oil couldn’t meet it. BMW with LL 2018 revision, eliminated 0WXX oils from LL01 and LL04. No 0XXX oil could have it.
2022 revision allowed again 0WXX oils. Castrol doesn’t want to do approval for SN as SP is replacing it anyway. What you find on sale are probably old stocks.
yes i know the story you have repeated many times,bmw ,probably is oxidation thing e.t.c. lose,couldnt meet the result is the same.there is only sp out there but no important oil to mention whatsoever.

yes i know the story you have repeated many times,bmw ,probably is oxidation thing e.t.c. lose,couldnt meet the result is the same.there is only sp out there but no important oil to mention whatsoever.
Whether it is important or mediocre, we don’t know until we see how it performs.

Motul markets their products in such a way that you think you're getting something special when in reality you're not. Only the 300V series is unique IMO.

Wait, stop, according to BITOG it´s only Liquy Moly wich play marketing games.
Motul is allways fully synthetik and ester according to Bitog!

;)

Whether it is important or mediocre, we don’t know until we see how it performs.
to see how it performs we must choose it..and last time i read your opinion about a castrol oil with almost same spec numbers like this on my previous link ,you called it mediocre oil ,meaning negative to choose it.

to see how it performs we must choose it..and last time i read your opinion about a castrol oil with almost same spec numbers like this on my previous link ,you called it mediocre oil ,meaning negative to choose it.
I used a lot of oils just for the sake of checking it. I never said I wouldn’t use it in my car. You are making a lot of assumptions, as usual.

i have prove to you that many times repeatedly that i always know what i am saying.by this i mean i always quote your own words every time you challenge me like now and you get insulted, bcs you always change your mind ,as usual.

Back