New F-150, Silverado, or Ram?

Status
Not open for further replies.
In one word - RAM. I own a 2016 Limited. 54k miles, never a single issue. I also own a Sierra Denali which has more issues and is CHEAP inside for the price paid. I bought the RAM because I wanted the best truck for my money and even working for GM....I just couldn't find a single thing that the GM trucks do better and the the RAM interior is what sold me over the fence!

Better interior than any other truck. In Longhorn and Limited trims they are so luxurious they rival top Cadillac and Mercedes vehicles.

The Hemi 5.7 and 8 speed on my '16 is powerful and smooth. I do not notice the 25hp difference from my Denali...which it's transmission is awful. The RAM air suspension is incredible in ride quality empty or loaded. GM or FORD don't offer any suspension like that. I go into off road mode for increased ground clearance and can lower it 2" for my mom to get in easier. It is just a great suspension. I also have it in my wifes 2014 Grand Cherokee Overland....107k miles and NO issues yet.

I looked at the 19's and they raised the bar even higher. I will get another Limited or Longhorn but will wait until 2021 because mine is still perfect and I will be sure the bugs are all out.

I am opened minded - I have to rate RAM ahead of GM and Ford with the Fords coming 2nd and GM last. GM has no clue how to do a nice interior.

Originally Posted by gfh77665
Originally Posted by kstanf150
Congrats !!!
V6 or V8 engine ?

3.6L Pentastar. Looks like good power and great MPG.

Don't hold out on us
Show us some pics !!ðŸ‘

Originally Posted by OVERKILL
In our 4-door there are storage bins in the floor of the rear, which I find useful for rope, ratchet straps, locks...etc. Tarp underneath the rear seat along with the trailer hitch assembly. Rear seats flip up against the back of the cab, so you have a ton of room behind the front seats.

[Linked Image]

Also, in the case vs the SUV, with the 6' 4" bed, I can fit my 4-wheeler, which I certainly can't do without a trailer with an SUV.

And now just add in Ramboxes and you have the perfect multi purpose hauler. Their cargo management system is flawless and will hold anything down securely. Ramboxes are amazing for shopping bags and for tools, etc. They'll even hold some cold beers!

That back seat is two pieces, my wife loves the way she can pack one side and still have a seat back there, a very comfortable seat indeed...

Originally Posted by dave1251

Cool hope you have many hours of happiness enjoying your new truck. Double check the recall work if applicable was addressed. Often dealerships will not preform the work while it's sitting on the lot before purchase.

They did check, without me even asking. They told me it needed a computer re-flash, but that was all.

It's not affected by the drive shaft or air bag recall?

Originally Posted by GMBoy
In one word - RAM. I own a 2016 Limited. 54k miles, never a single issue. I also own a Sierra Denali which has more issues and is CHEAP inside for the price paid. I bought the RAM because I wanted the best truck for my money and even working for GM....I just couldn't find a single thing that the GM trucks do better and the the RAM interior is what sold me over the fence!

Better interior than any other truck. In Longhorn and Limited trims they are so luxurious they rival top Cadillac and Mercedes vehicles.

The Hemi 5.7 and 8 speed on my '16 is powerful and smooth. I do not notice the 25hp difference from my Denali...which it's transmission is awful. The RAM air suspension is incredible in ride quality empty or loaded. GM or FORD don't offer any suspension like that. I go into off road mode for increased ground clearance and can lower it 2" for my mom to get in easier. It is just a great suspension. I also have it in my wifes 2014 Grand Cherokee Overland....107k miles and NO issues yet.

I looked at the 19's and they raised the bar even higher. I will get another Limited or Longhorn but will wait until 2021 because mine is still perfect and I will be sure the bugs are all out.

I am opened minded - I have to rate RAM ahead of GM and Ford with the Fords coming 2nd and GM last. GM has no clue how to do a nice interior.

It's hard to believe the performance is not noticeable because in a 1/4 mile a 5.3 GM truck runs nearly the same time as a RAM 5.7. The Silverado 5.3. runs 0-60 is 6.9 seconds to a RAM at 6.1. It is slower towing a 7000LB trailer then the GM 5.3. I know this because I have own both.

It's hard to believe the performance is not noticeable because in a 1/4 mile a 5.3 GM truck runs nearly the same time as a RAM 5.7. The Silverado 5.3. runs 0-60 is 6.9 seconds to a RAM at 6.1. It is slower towing a 7000LB trailer then the GM 5.3. I know this because I have own both.

How often are you doing 1/4 mile or 0-60 runs though? When you get in traffic, y'all are going to be accelerating at the same rate. Shouldn't be flooring it or driving hard with a trailer attached either
21.gif

Originally Posted by kstanf150
Congrats !!!
V6 or V8 engine ?

3.6L Pentastar. Looks like good power and great MPG.

Congratulations … that engine has done well in our 2013 Charger and should save some long term cash over the 5.7L

Here is a random 'net photo. Mine is the "Del Monico Red" which is a deep jewel tone. The metallic paint absolutely glows in the bright TX sun.

https://vimg.remorainc.com/jwz/1c6r...-tradesman-delmonico-red-pearlcoat-0.jpg

Nice! A 2019 classic.

We've got two pentastar powered Ram 1500s in the family. My 2017 quad cab, express, 4x4 and my brother's 2019 classic. He has the 3.55 final drive gears in his which increases the tow rating considerably over the standard 3.21 like mine. I love everything about the truck. The only thing I'm not crazy about is the plastic oil filter housing on the pentastars. To me, it's something that's going to fail at some point.

Thanks guys. I got the Classic Ram with the chrome package, alloy wheels, and I insisted on the 3.55 gears. The 3.6 Pentastar will be perfect for us. 305 HP with up 25 highway MPG.

Thanks guys. I got the Classic Ram with the chrome package, alloy wheels, and I insisted on the 3.55 gears. The 3.6 Pentastar will be perfect for us. 305 HP with up 25 highway MPG.

thumbsup2.gif
I'm sure you'll be happy with it.

Originally Posted by GMBoy

I was not comparing to the 5.3. I was comparing to the 6.2L. The Hemi is 395hp vs the 6.2 420hp. The 5.3 has LESS power than the Hemi 5.7. In normal driving I don't notice the slight less hp difference from my 6.2, that was my only point I was making. The RAM powertrain is just smoother. I always avoided the 5.3. My first Denali was a 2006 with the 6.0L which my son has now. Great truck by the way. I have nothing against the 5.3, its a stout motor and you can get some real power out of it. I just prefer the RAM now - but my RAM decison was more based on interior, features and suspension. This Hemi is more than adequate in towing and towed my car hauler with a vehicle on it just as good as my 6.2L which would be a bit stronger than a 5.3.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Skippy722

How often are you doing 1/4 mile or 0-60 runs though? When you get in traffic, y'all are going to be accelerating at the same rate. Shouldn't be flooring it or driving hard with a trailer attached either
21.gif

It does not matter just providing correct figures to a very biased post. You have other things to worry about in Chicagoland.

Piggy backing on this thread...
Looking at a F150 XLT 4wd king cab fro my BIL.
Ford is offering about $6K rebate.

All in all, a low $50's MSRP will be very low $40's.
I am recommending the EcoBoost; sounds like a winner.
I am not sure if the 2.7 or 3.5 is the better choice.
I think the 2.7 is the way to go...

21.gif

It does not matter just providing correct figures to a very biased post. You have other things to worry about in Chicagoland.

Like what? Dodge-ing potholes?
21.gif
lol.gif

21.gif

A biased post? Really? Dude I work for GM yet I am NOT biased or else I would be supporting GM regardless but I am fair and call it as I see it. With that being said - my opinion is the RAM is the better truck and I own 2 Denalis with 6.0 and 6.2 engines. So your accusation of my bias is UNFOUNDED.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back