New Cub Cadet Volunteer VTX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone have any info on when Cub plans to release this vehicle to dealers. I've read extensively about it and plan to buy the first one I see. In my opinion this one leaves every other utv in the dust.

cubs big country sure was lackluster, just as nearly all of their products are, id be mind blown if this isnt too

One of the farm magazines I read recently rated the Cub diesel utv as best of all for hard work, reliability, and longevity. I've owned several cub cadet mowers and zero turners. All were bullet proof. My experience with their products has been very good and I plan to buy the first vtx I see. The onboard compressor and generator is unique to utv's as for as I know. The ability to run air and electric tools from it's platform is the selling feature for me.

those features sound nice, and i admit their IH made cub mowers were nice. Not so much for the mtd cub mowers, except the cub tank series Z those are nice. The big countrys ive been around sure didnt impress me diesel included but havent sold/been around them since 06. good luck with youre purchase

Yeah, I have to agree with you on the mtd cubs. It took them a while, but they have improved exponentially in the past few years. The seem to have finally let the engineers over rule the numbers guys. I've looked at their utvs for some time, but ended up buying a Polaris. There's lots to like about it but there's also some things that fail to impress. The new Cub uses the Webber engine. Another version use a Harley engine. It's not that I think Cub is the best product, but as I said earlier the features fit my needs perfectly. Hope it turns out to be of reasonable quality and reliability.

The all new Volunteer VTX has not been released to dealers as yet. there's no information on their web site either. It was introduced at the SEMA show earlier this year. If you do a google search you'll get reams of info on it. Here's one to start you off.

http://smallvehicles.wordpress.com/2010/11/23/cub-cadet-volunteer-vtx-crossover-utv/

My local dealer says Cub officials will not give them a specific date for release. It's believed to be sometime this fall.

A neighbor of mine has a 4-5 year old Cub utility vehicle. He loves it. I believe his has a V-twin Kohler. I don't have any experience with them.

At the plant we've got a 4-5yr old Kawasaki Mule 4x4 w/ a single cylinder Kawasaki engine in it. It's got an aftermarket full metal/glass cab on it and a dump bed. This thing gets beat to heck and is outdoors 24/7/365 except during extreme cold when we put it indoors to charge the battery. It gets coated in road salt all winter and yet manages to hold up.

A co-worker gave me a ride to one end of the plant to drain a moisture separator. He's going full speed and decides to make a jack-[censored] 90deg (almost 2-wheel) maneuver. I wound-up in his lap not all that amused. That's just a mild example of how "the Mule" is treated.

Joel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back