New coopers

Buddy’s Tahoe needed new tires, old ones were stock GY fortitude (265 65 18), he got same size Cooper Evolution ht2 from Walmart for $155 ea plus mount/balance.
Old GY
4A6E8871-53EE-43A3-8B25-87B3DA139F1C.jpeg

New Coopers
7611C81C-338C-46A9-A7B5-B25B9FB05AE2.jpeg
E04416FA-C3E4-45E7-A2C6-A50B1160ABD6.jpeg

don't forget, GY owns Cooper now...

Unfortunately, I don't see Goodyear treating Cooper any differently than any of the other tire company that they have absorbed over the years.

Goodyear looks at Cooper as just another Kelly-Springfield or Dunlop.

I will give Michelin credit. They've done what should be done, in creating tiers. They've slotted themselves at the top as the 'premium' line, then BFG, then Uniroyal as the 'value' line. If Goodyear was smart, they'd do the same.... but are they smart enough to notice it... or motivated enough to try it?

Goodyear could slot themselves at the top, then Cooper, then Kelly. But again. Not sure that their marketing people have the necessary level of intelligence to figure it out.

Last edited:
I hope he is happy with them. I have owned several sets of Coopers and they were the worst tires I ever had.
I'm on my second set of coopers, (2 diff cars) nothing but good things to say about them...I just hope Goodyear doesn't mess it up...
my family hasn't had much luck with GY...
and considering my Cousin works at the BFG plant outside of Ft.Wayne, I'll likely head to that family of brands for my next purchase.
It'd be nice if i could get something made at THAT plant, but how do you even figure that out ahead of time...

Bought Cooper AT3 4S. At local dealer and we’re fantastic tires in all 4 season weather. Air pressure meticulously maintained. Rotated every 5000 miles and they lasted 28000 miles. Cooper rep wouldn’t honor the the 60000 mile warranty. Running Continental now.

I am surprised that they are not made in my size - 275/65R18.

The Evolution HT2 seems to be priced similarly to many off-brand Asian tires.

Had 2 sets of Discoverer AT's and love them. Trying to find another set for my next purchase but saying out of stock

I have been running Coopers for 50 years and never had a bad one. That said, I don't trust Goodyear and was bummed when they bought Cooper. I may not buy another one.

Back