New Chevrolets have remote starters

Status
Not open for further replies.
A number of new Chevys have remote starters available as an option. I guess we can add that data to the arguments about idling the engine when cold...

quote:

Originally posted by jsharp:
A number of new Chevys have remote starters available as an option. I guess we can add that data to the arguments about idling the engine when cold...

Sometimes we here get fanatically about oils, maintenance, and the best practices, but on the flip side, we also tend to forget that our vehicles are bought TO SERVE US, and the vast majority of people will take higher engine wear for having a nice and warm car in the morning...

By no means though do I like all the new electronic stuff that is offered on vehicles today...my ride has a vinyl seat, rubber floor, crank windows, manual transmission, and no a/c.

[ March 03, 2004, 12:14 PM: Message edited by: Jelly ]

quote:

Originally posted by jsharp:

Why not just put heated seats in the front of car at least. They warm within 60 seconds and heat comes shortly thereafter. My fiance's best option in her 2001 VW Golf ($150 for heated seats).

Remember, as long as the engine outlasts the warranty period, chevy is happy.
wink.gif

Someone posted this on my car club's mailing list and I nearly had a fit! It makes me so angry!

Carmakers are doing everything they can to try and squeeze every last MPG out of their engines, including putting in 5w20 in order to squeeze out 0.5% better economy, but then they pull a stupid move like this which just encourages people to needlessly idle their engines?? Ridiculous! It makes no sense at all to me!
mad.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Patman:
Carmakers are doing everything they can to try and squeeze every last MPG out of their engines, including putting in 5w20 in order to squeeze out 0.5% better economy, but then they pull a stupid move like this which just encourages people to needlessly idle their engines?? Ridiculous! It makes no sense at all to me!
mad.gif

The only reason car companies care so much about the MPG is the EPA. Increasing the amount of idling time, while it does have some (minimal) effect on MPG, that isn't part of the EPA test. Chevy couldn't care less about MPG, neither could most of it's customers. (IE the popular chevy trucks)

I call it the ultimate in laziness. Electric door locks, electric seat warmers, etc.

then how someone complains when all of it doesnt work!

Give me a non-computer car with one belt, no a/c and that will run forever with no way for remote killing the engine by big brother!

Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back