Never loose your hubcaps again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol.gif

Originally Posted By: 4WD
Yep ~ Have seen that all over SE Asia …

Yeh, Sorry, but its not exactly ground breaking.

I have an even simpler but even more reliable solution. I take them off and I throw them away.

Never really understood what they were supposed to be for.

I removed mine...I prefer the steel wheel look. I like to think my ride looks better without tie wraps holding hubcaps to my car.

I have black steel rims for my Winter Tires and I think it make the Journey look less like I have given up on life.
lol.gif

Something like this but mine is Red.

dodge__journey_2_0_crd_alloy_rims_gsd_2008_2_lgw.jpg

Originally Posted By: Rolla07
I removed mine...I prefer the steel wheel look. I like to think my ride looks better without tie wraps holding hubcaps to my car.

Agree. I never liked wheel covers. Everyone knows they are fake. Whats the point.

Originally Posted By: Colt45ws
... they are fake. Whats the point.
That's usually the point; steel wheels with covers that mimic aluminum wheels are cheaper than real aluminum wheels. In some cases, the covers reduce aerodynamic drag (but obviously add weight). Prius has aluminum wheels with wheel covers, oddly.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: CR94
Originally Posted By: Artem
He should have done a star pattern or something. Just those two on opposite sides will cause a tire misbalance.
crackmeup2.gif

That could be a small problem if the wheel and wheel cover didn't both have even numbers of spokes.

That method's not going to stop "loosing" a cover if the thief has a knife or side-cutter pliers.

I think the chances of a thief stealing a junky old Dodge wheel cover are pretty low!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back