Neutra maintenance dose

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure if I'm not putting in enough, but I use one ounce for every 5 gallons of gas for my maintenance dose.

I have been using a 12oz bottle to about a 20-22 gal fillup a week.My mileage is up around 15.5 for a v8 Tundra mostly city grampa style driving. I use to get mid 12-13.
RichR

[ June 06, 2003, 05:44 PM: Message edited by: RichR ]

I just ordered a gallon of neutra today, and will be pouring some in next week, so I'll be reading this thread to get some ideas.

Do you start with more for the first tank?

quote:

Originally posted by boxcartommie22:
i been using 1oz. per gal for maint. working great!!

One ounce per gallon is the full cleanup dosage though. I know it won't harm anything to use that much on a regular basis, but it's probably not necessary. Plus then you'd end up going through a whole case of the stuff in a short period of time.

[ June 06, 2003, 08:01 PM: Message edited by: Patman ]

I just did. Here's what I tell people on the neutra.. You're all right. Any dosage you want to use will not hurt anything. IMO, what I suggest is this...

When first starting to use, run at least 2-4 full tanks with full amounts treating the gas/diesel fuel.

After you have done this "clean up" then what I use is approx 2-5 ounces per 10-15gals of fuel. give or take as when you might fill a half tank which was treated before, go a couple ounces, when filling up, 2-4 ounces(10-15gal tank). I don't suggest anything less than 2 ounces per 10gals at min. This will provide some top end lubricity, neutralize sulfur and keep carbon from plugging injectors, and building up in cyl's. On occasion, you might run a full bottle through every so often just as a booster shot. That's the way I run mine.

What I find many people experience is this... the first time a used car gets this into the tank, that it will cause some engine stutter at first, but shortly after it will break loose and run perfect afterwords as it will soften the carbon up and burn it off so don't be alarmed if this happens to you. Mine did it so bad that I thought I just developed another problem and finally after a short while, it cleared right up and never again has it had an issue. At the first time I did mine, the car had 70,000 miles on it when I first bought it. I don't think it ever had any fuel additive used in it. The car was running ok when I first added it so I really didn't expect any problems but after using it, I had seen there was build up in mine. I have been tempted to get a bore-scope and look down in the cyls but as of yet, haven't. Anyway, hope this clears up your concerns on usage requirements.
bob

quote:

Originally posted by BOBISTHEOILGUY:
I just did. Here's what I tell people on the neutra.. You're all right. Any dosage you want to use will not hurt anything. IMO, what I suggest is this...

When first starting to use, run at least 2-4 full tanks with full amounts treating the gas/diesel fuel.

After you have done this "clean up" then what I use is approx 2-5 ounces per 10-15gals of fuel. give or take as when you might fill a half tank which was treated before, go a couple ounces, when filling up, 2-4 ounces(10-15gal tank). I don't suggest anything less than 2 ounces per 10gals at min. This will provide some top end lubricity, neutralize sulfur and keep carbon from plugging injectors, and building up in cyl's. On occasion, you might run a full bottle through every so often just as a booster shot. That's the way I run mine.

What I find many people experience is this... the first time a used car gets this into the tank, that it will cause some engine stutter at first, but shortly after it will break loose and run perfect afterwords as it will soften the carbon up and burn it off so don't be alarmed if this happens to you. Mine did it so bad that I thought I just developed another problem and finally after a short while, it cleared right up and never again has it had an issue. At the first time I did mine, the car had 70,000 miles on it when I first bought it. I don't think it ever had any fuel additive used in it. The car was running ok when I first added it so I really didn't expect any problems but after using it, I had seen there was build up in mine. I have been tempted to get a bore-scope and look down in the cyls but as of yet, haven't. Anyway, hope this clears up your concerns on usage requirements.
bob

Bob, do you suggest the same for those of us who use 131c?

I guess I'll start adding one ounce of Neutra to every 4 gallons of fuel from now on. I don't want to use up my supplies too quickly, but I'd also like to get effective results. Does this sound like a good dosage Bob?

Bob, when you add Neutra to the fuel do you have to add it when the tank is nearly empty, or can you add it anytime?

quote:

Originally posted by MilanoG2Teg:

quote:

What is a full amount of treatment to use in a 13.2gallon tank when just beginning the Neutra treatment? Also, where can I get some Neutra.

A full treatment dose to start off would be one 12oz bottle to your tankful.

To get Neutra, call Tim Mills. His ad is in the top left corner of the car and truck gas engine oil section.

[ August 07, 2003, 08:19 PM: Message edited by: Patman ]

quote:

What is a full amount of treatment to use in a 13.2gallon tank when just beginning the Neutra treatment? Also, where can I get some Neutra.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back