Need help remembering name of video game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, this is crazy but bear with me...

Way back in 2000 or 2001 my friends and I were still in high school and we would download a PC game onto the PCs at school and play over the LAN at the school during our open period. I am trying to remember the name of the game we played and for the life of me I can't remember.

It was 2000 or 2001 so I assume the game had to be at least 1-2 years old at the time. We would download it for free from some website (no clue which one, it was 15 years ago!).

It was not a strategy type game or a mission type game. We always played the same map/course on the game where it was basically every man for himself and you just tried to kill everyone else. On this particular map the best way I can describe it was imagine an outdoor area with a high wall around it like a prison (no escape), it had turrets at various points on the walls that you could climb into and hide and shoot unsuspecting opponents, I believe there was a vehicle or two you could drive around in, and it had building type structures with no roofs that you could walk/move through to avoid the other opponents. Hiding in the turrets or vehicle was a double edged sword as people could aim a weapon at them and find out if someone was in them and take you out as well.

It has been suggested to me that it might have been Unreal Tournament or Team Fortress. Neither of these look to be the game from my Google research.

I remember that one of us would log in first and 'create' the game on the LAN and then everyone else could join the game and play. It is possible that it had other maps/courses but we always played the same one because it was awesome to us and bought maximum carnage.

Any help is appreciated, this is killing me! I was talking to a friend at work about modern gaming and I was trying to tell him about the game we played 15 years ago and I just can't remember what it was. I am losing my mind over this!

You need to take this info down to a local college campus neighborhood with a used gaming store run by a slightly overweight guy about 6 years older than you who wears a wookie t-shirt. He'll give you the answer in 3 seconds and spend 30minutes of background story. Satiated you will be. Happy will you leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back