Need a New Frig

Well … the Kenmore Elite 3 door is getting noisy when the motor kicks in … the wife corrects me that it’s 15 years old plus the ice maker retirement was a few months back.
We only have one place left here … a Sears Home Town store.
We told them no Korean brands and wanted to know who made each Kenmore. We really liked one of the nicer Maytag 3 doors … but lead time on one was way out. Settled for a Kenmore french door with ice/water in door, delivery and haul off is scheduled … It is made by Whirlpool …

Well … the Kenmore Elite 3 door is getting noisy when the motor kicks in … the wife corrects me that it’s 15 years old plus the ice maker retirement was a few months back.
We only have one place left here … a Sears Home Town store.
We told them no Korean brands and wanted to know who made each Kenmore. We really liked one of the nicer Maytag 3 doors … but lead time on one was way out. Settled for a Kenmore french door with ice/water in door, delivery and haul off is scheduled … It is made by Whirlpool …

Our new Amana bottom-freezer model was scheduled to be delivered this coming Tuesday (See other thread).

Got a text yesterday that it’s delayed for another whole month, plus A few days! Now it won’t be here until October 13. We ordered it Aug. 1.

It’s already been 5 weeks since we ordered It.

Best Buy is comping us a $100 gift card for the trouble.

It‘s what we want, though, so, we’re waiting. Another comparable model would cost several hundred more.

Just went through several repair appointments for our Hotpoint refrigerator. Whatever you do... DO NOT get a Hotpoint!!! Terrible appliance and the TSB's were a list long.

As much as I despise anything Samsung that isn’t a TV or SSD, my parents have been happy with their 2016 model French door Sammy. Only one service call for a broken drawer under warranty.

Their old Whirlpool-made Kenmore was rock solid and if we had to do it again, it’s back to Whirlpool.

We are happy with our Whirlpool friend door fridge, it was a scratch and dent model and has survived 2 moves. A few of the interior LED’s have failed in the fridge section though.

Back