Need a cordless drill/screwdriver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en
Hate to say, but I just used my drill to hang a wind-chime outside and mine still has an electric cord. Needed to grab a 25ft long extension cord too.

So now I want to leave that prehistoric cave and get more modern equipment. This new drill/screwdriver has to have some balls. Want it small and lightweight as possible. I'll need a 2nd battery.
Is this possible for around $125? Which one should I get for light/medium duty?

I bought a m12 milwaukee drill/driver. It has been great for around the home. 6 years later and the batteries still going strong. Light and small but strong enough to do around the house jobs.
Now they are brushless motors so they are even more powerful and longer lasting. The m12 lineup is really good. Just bought the m12 staple gun....I love it.

For more powerful tools, I plan to eventually go with the Dewalt 20v Max. Want that line up for their nailguns but also for the really great yard trimmer and hedge trimmer.

Make sure you get the brushless motors. Little more money but last longer and more power.

Last edited:
Been wanting to upgrade to a better cordless drill for some time now since my old 18v Skil is no longer usable. I had to drill 2 7/16 holes and drive a half dozen screws and it took both batteries to get the job done. I have another project coming up at the end of summer so it's time.

After reading this thread and some reviews I went with the DeWalt DCD777C2. My main priority was weight, I first started looking at the 12v's mentioned here but most were more money than I wanted to spend but would of been more than capable of what I needed. At first I also thought I didn't need a brushless drill but when comparing the weight they are all much lighter. This will more than likely be the last drill I have to buy.

Right now DeWalt has 35% off 20v.

https://www.dewalt.com/whats-new/latest-promotions

The one I bought was $99.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01J7UPHIS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Y_K
12V line with the battery in the handle by Bosch feels very well balanced in my hand

^^^This^^^

I usually don't go on a long tool speech but here goes...Not sure who still has the Model PS20, but seems to have been replaced with the PS21, which is a fine unit also. Mine is the PS20 and IMO, it's far easier to work with as a smaller dedicated cordless driver, saving a more powerful drill for the bigger jobs.

I've been through a few cordless drills in my day, and for most of my needs, light duty up to somewhat tough jobs, tight places in vehicles, etc..this 12V driver has more than proved it's worth. Has a very natural feel in your hand and is lightweight to reduce user fatigue, and perfectly balanced. I'm going to find another in case mine ever stops working.

After using the PS20 I also picked up the drill version PS31 which uses the same batteries, excellent smaller drill.

PS20:
[Linked Image]

The PS20 was replaced with the PS21 using a 2-speed gearbox version with variable speed trigger. Honestly the 0-500 RPM PS20 was plenty fast and used a narrower head so if you can find one I would pick one up.

The PS21 gets into tight spaces so either is a worthy choice.

Any of their 12V MAX drivers are worth a look at, hard to pick one.

PS31: https://www.lowes.com/pd/Bosch-12-volt-Max-3-8-in-Cordless-Drill-2-Batteries-Included/3185363

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back