Napa Gold Filters 40% off sale

Anyone that wants to get in on the semi-annual NAPA filter sale needs to watch for when it starts at their local NAPA. An employee at the local NAPA told me years ago that each NAPA gets to pick the dates for their filter sales, within a certain range of dates. He explained that many NAPA stores, particularly those in farming communities, will run their Farm Days filter sales based when they think it will be best for the local farmers.

They will run the late winter/early spring sale when the farmers are serving their equipment, so it will be ready to go to work when the weather allows. And they will run the late summer/early fall sale at the end of harvest, so they can sell to those farmers that service their equipment at the end of the season.

@loneryder, While I do use Napa Gold filters on my wife's Outback, I found that the prices that NAPA was asking for filters for my E350, even when they were on sale, was not competitive, at least when compared to sources like FCP Euro. I did buy one set of oil, air, and cabin filters for my E350 from NAPA, but they were all repackaged Hengst or Mann filters. I like to take advantage of NAPA Farm Days filter sales, but I don't use NAPA for my E350.

@loneryder, While I do use Napa Gold filters on my wife's Outback, I found that the prices that NAPA was asking for filters for my E350, even when they were on sale, was not competitive, at least when compared to sources like FCP Euro. I did buy one set of oil, air, and cabin filters for my E350 from NAPA, but they were all repackaged Hengst or Mann filters. I like to take advantage of NAPA Farm Days filter sales, but I don't use NAPA for my E350.
Agree. 40% off of something way overpriced just brings the end price back down to everything else.

Local Napa here used to have 40% of Napa Gold sale, twice a year, spring/fall. Made Gold oil filters (7356, 1348) $4.-4.50 That was a good deal on a quality filter. I purchased a fair number and very satisfied.

A couple years ago local store went from once a year to no sale. Now, they sometimes don't participate in national sale prices. And last time in there to get some Napa Asian blue AF $14/gal (national sale), they had started adding a use fee for credit card. Nope. Paid cash and left.

Things change. Depending on price, 40% off could be decent for the Gold. I'll have to check with other nearby stores to see if they are having sale. As mentioned, AFs and CAFs, could be included.

How separate NAPAs handles their national sales is becoming a new "beating a dead horse' thread.

However, I'm glad it came up as I'm currently near a rural NAPA. I'll ask today.

When does the corporate filter sale occur on their website? 2 or 3 years ago I was able to get Gold filters 40% off PLUS free shipping.

The fleet filter sales were a lot better in the days of Affinia Wix... Mann & Hummel Wix?? No way.
Ive noticed many of the commonly used gold filters we use for our fleet trucks are made in China now. (7502, 1348, 1372,) There may be others, we just don't replenish them as often.

For the 2 cartridge filters we use (100010-100050), it seems they just use the pro select filter and stuff it in the Napa gold box and charge extra for it. There used to be an obvious difference in the filter. One had molded end caps and finer media and the pro select was glued fiber end caps and the media wasn't as impressive. Now, aside from printed part numbers, they're the same filter.

The only issue I've had was a mis-labeled 1348. The filter wouldn't thread on but seemed to thread on easily where a 7060 should reside (GM V8).

Reactions: D60
Back