NAPA GOLD 7055 UN USED CUT OPEN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: car51
Hi Jim; glad you are back. Think filter says "Made in Mexico"
smile.gif

Thanks Adam. I have brain freeze when I think of those years I spent in a Mexican
jail for selling bogus M1 to the natives.

Like I said in the FULL brand C&P, I sent a big box of filters to our veteran friend in PA.. and he has been happily chopping their heads and baring all their secrets for the board
smile.gif

Tomorrow on the cutting block are a used Napa Platinum 41516 and a MicroGreen 201-1!

Has anybody C&P a "Factory" filter for a Subaru FB25? If it's one of those with fiber caps, I will definitely have my mom pick up a load of these during the next filter sale, and have the Subaru dealer install these instead of a BCOD
smile.gif

Needs about 8 additional pleats on the seam side. Why can some manufacturers do it consistently, and some just can't.

Thanks for the C&P!

I'm interested to see if the 27# bypass quiets the small noise at startup that sounds to me like piston slap. None of the filter's I've used since owning them have had the 22-24# bypass (I've used the H-6 filters for added capacity) so this one should prove itself out one way or the other pretty quickly.

Originally Posted By: SubieRubyRoo
I'm interested to see if the 27# bypass quiets the small noise at startup that sounds to me like piston slap.

Engine start-up noises related to oil flow to the engine are typically due to the oiling system draining out some while the engine sits over night. That's caused by a leaky ADBV, or in rare cased leak down through the filter's center tube side, that's why some filters have an anti-siphon vavle in the center tube.

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
Originally Posted By: SubieRubyRoo
I'm interested to see if the 27# bypass quiets the small noise at startup that sounds to me like piston slap.

Engine start-up noises related to oil flow to the engine are typically due to the oiling system draining out some while the engine sits over night. That's caused by a leaky ADBV, or in rare cased leak down through the filter's center tube side, that's why some filters have an anti-siphon vavle in the center tube.

Z06, when that tire shop installed a Pro Select oil filter on my trucks engine, why did it rattle like a wood pecker on a street light upon startup, even though my filter hangs down, mostly, just offset a bit?

Originally Posted By: BlueOvalFitter
Z06, when that tire shop installed a Pro Select oil filter on my trucks engine, why did it rattle like a wood pecker on a street light upon startup, even though my filter hangs down, mostly, just offset a bit?

Because there is a lot of oil in the galleries & passages still above the filter, and a leaking ADBV will still let most of the oil above the filter's location drain back through the center tube and past the ADBV. So if most of the oil passages drained and are empty above the filter, then the engine will lack oil flow for a little while upon start-up until they fill up again.

That's the only aftermarket filter I would run on a Subaru FA/FB series engine.

Don't tell anyone I'm running a Toyota 90915-YZZS1 Thai Denso FT86/FR-S/BRZ filter on a friend's Forester that uses that or a PH7317.
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back