NAPA GOLD 200337
29,500 Miles
I believe it held up well!
For 2016 Jeep Renegade 2.4L
IMG_20221016_105700195_HDR.jpg
IMG_20221016_105711762_HDR.jpg
IMG_20221016_105742528_HDR.jpg
IMG_20221016_105725665.jpg

I guess I am a bit lost in time, but I have never seen an air filter like that. (y) (y) (y). Did that insulation came with the new air filter? The only thing that will worry me is the flow of insufficient air going into the engine, but if the vehicle runs good with filter installed so be it.

Last edited:
I guess I am a bit lost in time, but I have never seen an air filter like that. (y) (y) (y). Did that insulation came with the new air filter? The only thing that will worry me is the flow of insufficient air going into the engine, but if the vehicle runs good with filter installed so be it.
Yes the Air Filter Insulation was also on the Mopar OE filter as I purchased the filter new, I researched it because I had never seen that before and it's for cold weather protection!

Yes the Air Filter Insulation was also on the Mopar OE filter as I purchased the filter new, I researched it because I had never seen that before and it's for cold weather protection!
Yeah my BMW had a filter like that for cold weather. I never really knew why though.

Snow hits the synthetic material and has a chance to melt away from the paper.

Wet paper media = ruined paper media.
Ahh right okay. For my BMW the cold weather one got discontinued at some point so all I could get were the regular ones. I didn't see a difference but southeastern Wisconsin may not be what's considered cold.

Back