Name me some luxury well built vehicles!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Wolf359

Resale value on most luxury cars are usually pretty low. It's why they're usually a better buy as a used car due to the depreciation.

"Most" being the key word. Lexus being one of the exceptions.
Only those who value their time and money choose Lexus.
After years of Volvo and BMW ownership, I've come to understand the ideal balance it offers. Sure it's a little more upfront, but the time and frustration it saves in repairs and "maintenance" (i.e. electric water pumps from BMW) is worth the premium.

coffee2.gif

Originally Posted By: nap
Rumours has it that Nissan is working on an Infinity model to beat Lexus at their own aesthetics game. It will be based on the Juke. Toyota better watch out!

Toyota has nothing to worry about!

Toyota_NYIAS_2018_2019_RAV4_02_C8C8D39F9CDDAF6ED1E10C4F97215379545F4DE8-2--353156.jpg

Ed

Originally Posted By: gman2304
Originally Posted By: Nick1994
Toyota Avalon.

I’m not kidding, it’s a Lexus in disguise. Go check one out, cheaper too.
. My wife has owned two Avalons, a 2000 xls and a 2006 Limited. The drive trains are almost identical, but their is quite a difference in appointments, and fit and finish on the Lexus. Once she test drove the es350, I knew the Avalon was a goner. The Avalons were very good cars, but the Lexus is another step up the ladder.
Those are both ancient prior generations that only the 2006 shared just an engine with the current gen, there's been 2 generations since that 2006. Different car.

My aunt, whom I live with, has a 16' Avalon that is one heck of a car. We took it on a 5,000 mile road trip last year, it was so comfortable and the materials are so soft, just did 500 miles last weekend too. Only complaint is handling, which is supposed to be fixed on the current gen.

Originally Posted By: rooflessVW
Originally Posted By: Starman2112
If you're not buying German it's got to be Lexus.

It’s got to be Lexus regardless.

I guess, if you like predator face and mediocre performance.

Give me reliability or give me death, amirite?

How many chickens can you put on this grill?

Originally Posted By: 4WD
Originally Posted By: Starman2112
If you're not buying German it's got to be Lexus.

It’s got to be Lexus regardless.

I guess, if you like predator face and mediocre performance.

Give me reliability or give me death, amirite?

How many chickens can you put on this grill?

Looks stupid, shood shoot the designer, is an American OEM slapped a beak on a car like that it would be labeled Aztek II

And what's up with the right headlight? It looks fogged.

If I want a real luxury sedan, I'm looking at minimum a 5 series, XTS or E-class.

Originally Posted By: Subdued
Wow that is freaking hideous

what an absurd design

Yeah. One of the many drawbacks of a Lexus, worst looking grill out there and even resale isn't low. That's the nice thing about used luxury cars, luxury without the price. Too many people scarred off by theoretical high maintenance costs but don't seem to realize that there are people out there spending thousands at the dealer on regular cars too. The key is being able to avoid the dealer and researching the model you buy.

Originally Posted By: gman2304
Toyota Avalon.

I’m not kidding, it’s a Lexus in disguise. Go check one out, cheaper too.
. My wife has owned two Avalons, a 2000 xls and a 2006 Limited. The drive trains are almost identical, but their is quite a difference in appointments, and fit and finish on the Lexus. Once she test drove the es350, I knew the Avalon was a goner. The Avalons were very good cars, but the Lexus is another step up the ladder.
Those are both ancient prior generations that only the 2006 shared just an engine with the current gen, there's been 2 generations since that 2006. Different car.

My aunt, whom I live with, has a 16' Avalon that is one heck of a car. We took it on a 5,000 mile road trip last year, it was so comfortable and the materials are so soft, just did 500 miles last weekend too. Only complaint is handling, which is supposed to be fixed on the current gen.
. I was comparing my wife’s 2000 Avalon xls with a 2000 Lexus es300, same drive train, and my wife’s 2006 Avalon Limited with a 2006 Lexus ES350, same drive train. Wasn’t comparing either of her “ancient” generation Avalons to the current generation. Like I said, both Avalons were great cars but fall short in appointments and fit and finish when compared to the Lexus.

I've had many Volvos and been satisfied but decided to go with an American made offering last year so I got a Lincoln MKX. For comfort, ride, sound, features overall, it's the best car I've had in awhile. Cooled seats are great. I really like what Ford and Microsoft developed with the Synch system.
It's simple to use and sounds great and connectivity with anything you wish to connect is straight forward. It's a solid ride...perhaps not quite as smooth as the Volvos but so far I'm liking it way better than Volvo. Now, I have not driven a 2018 XC90 and they do look great inside and out.

Originally Posted By: edhackett
Originally Posted By: nap
Rumours has it that Nissan is working on an Infinity model to beat Lexus at their own aesthetics game. It will be based on the Juke. Toyota better watch out!

Toyota has nothing to worry about!

Toyota_NYIAS_2018_2019_RAV4_02_C8C8D39F9CDDAF6ED1E10C4F97215379545F4DE8-2--353156.jpg

Ed

Holy poop that is worse than an Aztek. I don't know what to say.

Reliable luxury is an oxymoron. Luxury vehicles are built with as much comfort, features, and technology as possible. Reliability is often not the top priority when those three items are more important for most buyers.

While Lexus is likely the most reliable simply due to their Toyota platforms, their parts and service is still very expensive. My boss just spent $3500 in maintenance on his IS350 because the front driveshaft for the AWD went out and some other small things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back