My Wife's Mustang Got Wrecked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks dude, but she finds red & black even more flashy than yellow & black!

She does have a white one on her list in the Houston area that has a stripe package that fades out, like some of the stealthily badged law enforcement vehicles that have popped up in the last decade or so.

It turns out the specific body color she really, really wants was a very limited offering, not available in the 2018 model year. That's why it's so hard to find.

Who knows what we'll end up with, she's spreadsheeting away on the PC like putting together an engineering equipment bid tab, she did this on her last Mustang as well. I think insurance will only cover 7 days of rental car after they actually pay the claim, which they haven't done yet but is pending, grinding its way through the bureaucracy of an insurance company. Likely not to happen until next week with the holiday weekend approaching.

I'm a huge fan of Ford Mustangs and you save a lot of money buying used. On a car w/low miles and one or two years old, she can save almost 10K over the best price she could get new. I wouldn't rule out the Ecoboost, as they've had time to work the bugs out.

Originally Posted By: Nyogtha
It turns out the specific body color she really, really wants was a very limited offering, not available in the 2018 model year. That's why it's so hard to find.

What color is she looking for? The 2018 colors are mostly carryover from 2017 with the Lightning Blue replacing Grabber Blue and a new shade of burgundy. Neither made the cut to 2019 along with Yellow.

I didn't read the entire thread, so I don't know if it has been mentioned, but keep an eye out for flood cars.

No predicting women. This afternoon she went to look at a repo'd white fastback with black stripe package that's a used SVT, and decided not to go to Houston this weekend now. I stayed home and cut the grass, with a 1.5 acre lot it was getting pretty long in spite of the rain deficit we've had this year.

SVT LINK

Thanks, we're keeping an eye out for red flags indicating flood cars. We got really lucky here in SA last summer.

Last edited:
No predicting women. This afternoon she went to look at a repo'd white fastback with black stripe package that's a used SVT, and decided not to go to Houston this weekend now. I stayed home and cut the grass, with a 1.5 acre lot it was getting pretty long in spite of the rain deficit we've had this year.

SVT LINK

Thanks, we're keeping an eye out for red flags indicating flood cars. We got really lucky here in SA last summer.

Red flag would be a used mustang that has been repo'd. I'm guessing if they were not paying for the car, it received no love or care during its life. Steer away.

I just looked at the pictures. Holy, for 10k miles, it is hammered on the inside. More scratches and stuff than my 11 year old truck. Run

Last edited:
No predicting women. This afternoon she went to look at a repo'd white fastback with black stripe package that's a used SVT, and decided not to go to Houston this weekend now.

Just a heads up - that's not an SVT. SVTs were only Cobras and Shelbys. Looking at their window sticker, that is neither - it's a regular old Mustang with stick on badges.

If you have any questions, the folks over at http://performance.ford.com/home.html have a great helpline.

Thanks for the heads-up both of you.

Turns out the A/C wasn't working and the car was tuned to the point of barely being street legal, she said the dealership had a call in to the prior owner who had the tuner to come to the dealefship to try and mellow it out some. Salesperson claimed all Ford warranties would be honored despite its history, turns out it wasn't repo'd although AutoCheck had shown a prior title irregularity. Very few miles from the second owner, salesperson said it had been his "fun car" and not a daily driver, makes me think it was probably tracked heavily. She said exhaust was really loud but salesperson assured her it was street legal. My wife was concerned about noise and the neigbors considering her hours are somewhat irregular due to air travel. I think my wife has come to the conclusion it's not a good daily driver choice for her. Another appointment elsewhere tomorrow. Insurance coverage for her current rental car ends Monday she says she wants to get a deal done this weekend without driving to Houston now.

Last edited:
Thanks for the heads-up both of you.

Turns out the A/C wasn't working and the car was tuned to the point of barely being street legal, she said the dealership had a call in to the prior owner who had the tuner to come to the dealefship to try and mellow it out some. Salesperson claimed all Ford warranties would be honored despite its history, turns out it wasn't repo'd although AutoCheck had shown a prior title irregularity. Very few miles from the second owner, salesperson said it had been his "fun car" and not a daily driver, makes me think it was probably tracked heavily. She said exhaust was really loud but salesperson assured her it was street legal. My wife was concerned about noise and the neigbors considering her hours are somewhat irregular due to air travel. I think my wife has come to the conclusion it's not a good daily driver choice for her. Another appointment elsewhere tomorrow. Insurance coverage for her current rental car ends Monday she says she wants to get a deal done this weekend without driving to Houston now.

A standard tranny V8 Mustang with a tune. Probably driven by some kid who's dad bought it. RUN,don't walk away from this one! I'm willing to bet it was thoroughly abused.

Yeah, but she needs for it to be her idea and conclusion if you know what I mean, and she's there now without me needing to point this out.

Same thing happens when we relocate, she has to look at a TON of houses, not just on the web but in person, before something happens. Last move she still went to see 3 or 4 more houses after our contract was in place with earnest money accepted. It's her own live HGTV episode. We're somewhat of a realtor's nightmare in one way but they always get a sale eventually so I guess it all balances out.

She actually said she's tired of looking at cars when she came home this evening.

Last edited:
All's well that ends well. We purchased my front running contender today, the highly optioned yellow GT Premium convertible with black top.
19.gif
Home stress levels about decision making have dropped away, we had a nice Good Friday date night type dinner of fried crawfish tails at Willie's on the way home.
thumbsup2.gif

https://jenningsandersonford.com/sale/us...atp8ff1h5247325

My wife had her spreadsheets up to snuff and included a new 2017 gray "Magnetic" California Special convertible with black top that just popped up at a dealership on the other side of the metro area yesterday on Autotrader. The dealership we bought from tried their usual hardball, we pointed out we were truly serious buyers as my wife's insurance coverage for rental car expires Monday and the special Ford rebates & incentives for remaining new 2017's expire tomorrow so we were definitely buying a new Mustang this weekend, it's just a question of where we strike a deal. The usual 3 rounds to "consult with The Manager" and we wound up getting CPO & TTL included on out-the-door price "if we buy the vehicle today", so we struck a deal. The car had been on their lot 6 months, too much hardball and it would likely sit another 6 months we pointed out when we got the usual moaning about the dealership already losing money on this deal on round 2.

We'll turn around and finance it Monday at the credit union where my wife works at 1.65% interest rate. A real win-win IMO.
smile.gif

SWEET car!! Something I've noticed about Mustangs,no matter the year or body style,they always look best in convertible.

Yeah, busts your paradigm of ownership by gay or metrosexual middle aged men!
laugh.gif

Topless is where it's at, you said it. The convertible for city driving, my 4WD truck to go to the 4WD only section of Padre Island where the local strippers tend to hang out for their all-over tans in between wide empty stretches. I learned in high school highly tinted and preferably mirrored sunglasses are a must to maintain any sort of peace in a relationship when going to the beach.
cool.gif

Last edited:
Congrats! That will definitely be a nice ride, and a V8 to boot!

I would totally rock a conv Mustang, would be excellent for driving around the mountains topless.

Padre Island where the local strippers tend to hang out for their all-over tans in between wide empty stretches.

Right on! I know where I want to go!
cheers3.gif
10.gif

My gf drives a 2007 Mustang vert. I use this on it regularly. Keeps the top in pristine condition:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back