My Truck Insurance Keeps Going Down

I have been with State Farm for almost 33 years now. My truck insurance contract renews every 6 months. It has gone down another $9.32 each month for the next 6 months. That's over $40 in the last 2 years. I must be doing something right.
Anyone else with SF and their monthly payments have gone down as well?

They also lower premiums when you get older. If you are older and get into an accident they put a price on every life. Being older means you won't live another 50 years and if they need to pay to keep you alive if you have some life altering injury. Being older usually means that you are also a more responsible driver.

Hate to say it but those actuaries analyze everything 15 ways to Sunday.

Enjoy the lower premiums!!!

I'd bet it would be even cheaper if you paid the premium 12 months up front.

I do this with progressive and it saves a couple hundred bucks. If you pay monthly you are paying installment charges.

I think is it, or at least most of it. My premiums have been creeping down for the last year too.
You didn't receive a midterm refund for COVID? I received two refund checks from Travelers that totalled more than than $300.

do you have collision on your truck? maybe in part because if you total it they will just pay 5k now not 40k?

Most likely because of Covid and nobody driving around anymore :)

While I still go to the office every day, the better half gets to stay at home. And enjoy a 1/2 reduction in auto insurance! Calling the insurance company and telling them that you're permanent WFH apparently does wonders.

We got the car in January of last year and it has 3800 miles on it. It got 1200 miles of regular commuting and that was it. The rest of the miles I put on the car.

We have Farm Bureau for auto insurance it hasn’t decreased in awhile. We have State Farm for home insurance have no idea on the price or anything as I don’t pay that lol. Probably expensive.

Mine was going up with progressive even with COVID, then I switched back to Geico with less than half the cost, lower deductible, and higher limits.

Again, my truck insurance has gone down. For this 6 month premium it has gone down another $4.11 a month. That's almost $45 in 2.5 years. I have now been with State Farm for over 34 years with a clean record.

Good to hear that someone's premiums are dropping along with resale value of what is insured. I've been with Erie for more than 40 years and that used to be commonplace up to about 20 years ago. Pretty much smallish annual increases since then. They did kick back about $60 on a 3 vehicle policy in 2020 and they did lower annual premiums something like 5-7% this year.

I have been with State Farm for almost 33 years now. My truck insurance contract renews every 6 months. It has gone down another $9.32 each month for the next 6 months. That's over $40 in the last 2 years. I must be doing something right.
Anyone else with SF and their monthly payments have gone down as well?
Yep...my '05 4Runner bought new. Starting about 2012...been going down little by little each year. State Farm...for almost 25/26 years...

Back