My Suv had a heart attack, too much Bacon? Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most likely screwed... I bought it in 2013, appears the first owner was someone who drove a lot of long drives and frequented the dealer for service. I took care of it well myself since getting it.
I tracked all my maintenance and efforts on it.

I would post my car's forum where I started tracking the issue but I am assume would be against BITOG forum rules.

Wow.

I'm curious if you've done any tests on the substance you drained from your crankcase. Is it water soluble? Alcohol soluble? How warm does it have to be to melt?

It could be useful to know what will dissolve the junk. If you haven't ruined any bearings you might be able to flush it and get it back into service.

Originally Posted By: pandus13

OP,
How does it smell?

Nothing that I can tell, I don't smell enough oils to tell if there is coolant or fuel. A mechanic came by and said he might smell some fuel. His jaws dropped when I showed him the stuff...

I will send him my report. as well as post it here.

Seeing that goop in the pan would be a "What the #@%*#??" moment. Please keep posting with any updates. I'm wondering if there is any way to remove that goop from the engine without a complete rebuild? Sounds like you maintained it well with reasonable change intervals.

Originally Posted By: Joshua_Skinner
Wow.

I'm curious if you've done any tests on the substance you drained from your crankcase. Is it water soluble? Alcohol soluble? How warm does it have to be to melt?

Waiting on results from Blackstone.

I have tested in separate containers dissolving with the followwing.

water..no
ATF.. No
Diesel.. no
K1 Kerosene.. breaks up some what but still needs agitation. sludge still gathers at the bottom of the solution after sitting a few days.

So far 40F and below, Jello
Engine temp 180F, Cheap syrup. you know like kroger brand...
At 350F pretty fluid.

Last edited:
Asking the obvious: was the foil seal intact when you unscrewed the cap on the M1bottle?

I highly, highly doubt Mobil is to blame here.

1, This is a hoax/con

2, Someone played a dirty joke and returned oil filled with chainsaw oil or something

Get an apple and sprinkles, looks like you can make a caramel apple!

Sorry to see this. Keep us posted. I'm in the camp that it was tampered with.

Originally Posted By: skyactiv

1, This is a hoax/con

2, Someone played a dirty joke and returned oil filled with chainsaw oil or something

I agree and a five pound bag of salt.

Another option; does the op have any enemies? Someone that would do something to his car?

Last edited:
That is crazy.

Since you change yourself, I am going to assume you are familiar with how the oil pours from the bottle. Did the oil pour regularly with the same consistency you are used to, or was something wrong from the start?

First vid seems like ghost buster slime. Hope you resolve.

1, This is a hoax/con

I think several of us are thinking the same thing. This isn't even oil sludge. Did you notice that the oil pickup is completely closed up? The engine would seize up first before this material would dissolve.

Last edited:
Waiting on results from Blackstone.

I have tested in separate containers dissolving with the followwing.

water..no
ATF.. No
Diesel.. no
K1 Kerosene.. breaks up some what but still needs agitation. sludge still gathers at the bottom of the solution after sitting a few days.

So far 40F and below, Jello
Engine temp 180F, Cheap syrup. you know like kroger brand...
At 350F pretty fluid.

[/quote]

How did you get the oil temp up to 350F?

Last edited:

1, This is a hoax/con

1)No Hoax.. I welcome you to my garage to help me with this head scratcher....

2) I might suspect the wife... she did offer me her car and then buy a new one for herself...jk... I have spent the last three weekend on this.. she is not happy on that. I don't see how anyone can get under my hood, it was too cold in Jan to mess with people ...

I put a steel plate on a portable induction stove and monitor with a IR temp gun. I can control the temps nicely by adjusting the stove control.

Is there a easy way to post pics in this forum?

Last edited:
I'm curious if your thermostat was stuck open? If your engine took way too long to get to the normal operating temperature, maybe that contributed to the gel problem.

Originally Posted By: 93cruiser
That is crazy.

Since you change yourself, I am going to assume you are familiar with how the oil pours from the bottle. Did the oil pour regularly with the same consistency you are used to, or was something wrong from the start?

First vid seems like ghost buster slime. Hope you resolve.

Oil seemed fine going in.. nothing unusual that I can recall. Nothing was opened. (I would not even put it in if I noticed something was off.

It was near 60F on sunday and the gopp looked less viscous but still thick.

Seems like something that happened to my cousin with Quaker. My cousin just drained the oil down with god knows what but his minivan is still on the road kicken.

What oil was that and when.. Cold weather involved? I wonder if the additives to this oil that keeps it fresh longer over reacts to water that was not burnt off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back